Women's Rights

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Copenhagen Fan

Women's Rights

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

After a weekend where I was nearly killed by a crazed Arab with a beer bottle, I've decided to consider women's rights as an issue.

The story goes as such. My girlfriend and I went out on the town. She's the type of girl who loves to dance, (and I often don't want to) so she dances alone, which she loves. This creates a LOT of tension anywhere she is....men swarm her like flies and when drunk, really hit on her hard core, without regards to her feelings or her status, in other words, desparat guys who just want to put her on the spot, and know they have no chance, they just want to punish her with their vulgarity and hostile attempts. Of course I understand that they try, she's gorgeous and sexy. But at least give it an honest shot, and try to be smooth about it. One guy was actually cool and asked me,,,"hey..why don't we tie her up"..now that was funny actually and cool, because he put himself on the line.

WELL...she shut down a couple of losers and then followed us home and attacked her....I busted them up...and then one of them pulled out a beer bottle and tried to whack me.

NOW...one of her friends mentioned that she had "sexy" clothes on and that if she toned it down, she would avoid this type of stuff. I don't believe that, and I wouldn't even call her clothes provocatve.....does a skirt and bare midriff, deserve violence??? No way. I hate creeps and men who try to keep women down and destroy their happiness for their own bodies and sexuality..........just because they are have not's in the world of love and romance.
A rope leash

Why can't a woman stand alone?

Post by A rope leash »

...must she be tarnished by men who can only be men in their dreams?

When beauty meets ignorance

They shout in the streets

Repeating their offer to each girl they meet

The respect she needs

It isn't a gift, but it gets hard to lift yourself up

When you don't have the strength to begin with...

As long as men have the right to drink themselves stupid, there will always be violence in the name of sexual prowess. It sounds like these fellas were rapists. I wouldn't hang out in any club that allowed these types in. How many other women have they followed home because what they wore "asked" for it?

Gnarly situation CopeFan, yer lucky you didn't get cut. It's a good arguement for forcing yourself to dance...
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

The argument reminds me of some case a few years ago where a girl was raped and she was 'asking for it' because she wasn't wearing underwear. It's a very sad situation and it's caused the mass quantities of alcohol consumed by sub-moronic guys. There should be a test of your intelligence before you're allowed to drink...

Glad you're okay Cope and hope your lady is as well.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I am forced to say that I agree with you, Cope. I don't out dancing nearly as much as I used to for a couple of reasons: one, because my boyfriend is so rhythm deficient that he couldn't catch the beat with a butterfly net; and two, because when I go out with makeup and a "cute" (NOT slutty) outfit, I get hit "up". Now, being hit "on" is flattering. Any girl will tell you that. However, being hit "up" is not. Being called a bitch because you've turned down an invitation to dance is not flattering, nor is getting your ass grabbed as you pass a gaggle of guys. Note, too, that "hey, mami! You got a phat ass, yo!" is not a proper introduction, and might get you a fist in the mouth (as I did to one guy who said he bet my mama's ass was smackable, too. I smacked him.)

Unfortunately, men think with their dicks. No need to deny it boys, there's nothing wrong with it. But a sober dick is much better than a drunk dick. Cope, keep an eye on your girl, and dance with her every now and again. Keeps the drunk dicks away.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Most of my best friends are women. Not all guys are a pain in the arse when they have a beer......just most of them!
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Lately, unfortunately, I'm the exact same person as I normally am, beers 1-4.
After that, everything's just funnier.
So, everybody will be safe if they wanna go out for some drinks with me.

I'm a good man, so when chicks dance with me, it's cool;

unfortunately, I can see how more messed up guys take the way girls dance with them now, and see it as forplay. :(

those a-holes deserve someone to go arab on them and cut off their precipieces.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
A rope leash

The social lubricant.

Post by A rope leash »

Ladies who drink with me can expect a very nice time for one night only.

If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. If you really want it, it's probably gonna happen, so what's the rush?

Maybe not tonight. Force is ridiculous, even when drunk. It makes a person a thief, and a thug. There's no love in that, only a desparate machismo.

It is a very true crime, rape.

There's a lot of guys who can't get laid, even at a boozin party. They haven't learned to stop trying.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Ladies are safe drinking with me too.

Even if i wasn't engaged and Jody was the only person I'll ever have sex with,

when I drink.....nevermind, that might be a little too personal. :oops:
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I really don't know any of you. I feel like I'm on the outside looking in...
(Although "Alison" on the other thread made me feel like I wasn't the most unpopular member on this site. :( )....but I have to tell you guys, Rope, LTZ, Taz, Doof, Cope.... who posted on this topic, that it was very touching and almost kind of a relief to hear what you had to say about that whole scenerio. (And you too Candy, even though you're a girl.)
Actually I was a little surprised to hear a handful of men, together, expressing their disgust at such vulgar displays against women without an amusing overtone to it.
It's nice to know that there are decent men who've got their heads screwed on the right way (well, that may be argueable :) ) and who are able to appreciate what a woman in that situation goes through (AND would not be compelled to participate in it !) I mean that very seriously.
Rape is a very real crime. It's just the ultimate violation one person can inflict on another (can you imagine the poor children?) I resent very much that because I'm a woman, that could very well turn into a reality.

Cope, sounds like you and your lady were both pretty lucky. Hope you're okay. :)
I'm not angry anymore....
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Man, this would be a great group to go to a little pub with and have some beers, wouldn't it?
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Amen to that LTZ...that would be an awesome experience!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Thanks for the support everyone...

1) Maybe I'll start dancing....

2) Maybe I'll carry a lead pipe in my pocket...(yes the other pocket)

3) Next time I won't be so timid, and I won't hesitate when they brandish a weapon.

4) I have a HELL of a lot of appreciation women, and even though I seem like a crass jerk some of the time, I AM and always will be a gentleman, and respect women. I only play naughty when they authorize it...("please sign under the dotted line, baby")

My guess is that "violence" in this way, is an act of frustration. It can be tough as a man to face "rejection" on a constant basis, and put your balls on the line, only to have them handed to you. BUT, if you play it cool and show a real interest in the person you're with, it usually works out. Obviously not if you approach a super model and you are a nerd....

I suggest everyone move to Denmark...the land of beautiful women.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Dear Sweet Pear....by the way, popularity is overrated...! Being real is what counts.......... 8)

Will The Truth Will Set You Free?....the retorical question posed on another thread is quite an important one.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Isn't Sandi Toksvig Danish?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Sandi Toksvig....hmmmm? Never heard of her...! But looked her up on the Net...she's Danish!...uuuurg...hæ hæ hæ
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

YES Candy....I'll try to dance a little more with her..:BUT...that won't stop them....by appearance attracts men who want to knock my block off, just because I seem like I'm very happy for myself. They all want a shot at the heavy weight title....even though I'm no heavy dude. Just a little wacky guy dressed in black........it must be the leather!!!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Womens rights? - You should know by now Cope women are ALWAYS right!!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

JELLY BEANZ....you know that I know that....my catch phrase is.."anything you want baby, anything you want" :lol:
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:BUT, if you play it cool and show a real interest in the person you're with, it usually works out. Obviously not if you approach a super model and you are a nerd....
Hey, it worked for Billy Joel... for a while at least :)
I suggest everyone move to Denmark...the land of beautiful women.
Sorry, but my wife who is from Japan (land of the even more beautiful women) just might not appreciate that... too cold in winter.

One thing that disturbed me about your original post though (besides the obvious tostesterone driven violence), and that was the fact that you felt it necessary to specify that the agressor was an Arab... why... was that important?

regards, Tim(e)...
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Tim(E) You have a good point about me actually indicating that the perpetrator was an Arab....why?? It could be a latent racist thing in my mind, or it could be that it is something that one would point out in a Danish context....Danes usually don't do shit like that, they USUALLY use reason to settle their problems. NOW on the other hand, I also have a little bit of understanding for the actions of those two dudes. They ARE Arabs, living in this Arian society, where they are not accepted, and not equiped to deal with an open sexuality or women's liberation in the same way that Europeans can. Of course it all depends on the background of the individual. There are many who see blonde hair and a little skin and they go directly into "WHORE MODE" and think that the girl is a whore and that they should just be able to pound it in because she's worthless.....On the other hand, violence and rape are acts of power not sex ....and are a symptom of when you feel powerless in a society, and your balls are chopped off (metiphorically speaking), then you react by attacking the women of the oppressor....hmmmm I think Eldrige Cleaver wrote about this concept in Soul On Ice.......of course I'm no Dane...an American, so I met their aggression with the "massive retaliation" strategy! 8)

That's probably why I mentioned it.
Last edited by Copenhagen Fan on Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Ok Tim(e)....Billy Joel scored! But he was rich! (and probably had a huge schlong)....

And I'm sure your wife is cute too...!! :D
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

By the way, Cope - let me go on record as saying that nerds are underrated. 8)
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Spooky..I have nothing against nerds in general...just don't want them to "do" my girlfriend or bug her... :lol: My ex girlfriend was a nerd...and she was ok!