Sympathy for the Mug

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

You folks are really too funny and too kind! A thousand thank-you's. The silver lining in the Soc getting knocked out is that I never woulda been able to follow the vicissitudes of a Sox game while on morphine...

Dr. J, not far off, actually, though it's the humerus, not the radius and whatever that other one's called. Also had what they called a "butterfly fragment". Hmmm.

I will have maybe one more day at home (I went in to work for a b it this afternoon), so there's not too much movie-catch-up, etc, to be done, sadly. But thank you all; this wasn't a serious injury but it did hurt, and your thoughts and funny words have helped a lot.

Luv,

Fractured Mug
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Well, 3 days in the hospital, surgery and plates and screws sounds kinda serious.

The worst thing about the semi-private room is sharing the bathroom with a person with whom you are not intimately connected.

Glad you're home and feeling better, but it sounds like you are getting gypped in the time-off-work department.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
whtesde

Post by whtesde »

Crap! At least you got a few days of drugs, though.

Wishing health to cyborg-mug.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Mug -

Sorry for the late reply - but you know I'm pulling for a quick recovery. I know I certainly could have used the morphine for last Thursday's game. The game wasn't the cause of the fall I hope.

Sharing a hospital room is certainly no picnic. A few years ago I had my gall bladder removed and shared a room for a couple of days with an elderly man who wasn't conscious, so noise wasn't the problem. Let's just say he was incontinent in every way.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Sorry so late with this, Mug...I have Sunday's & Monday's off from work, and, due to my recent "relocation" (still waiting for a Land-Line to be installed), I have no Internet access from home right now, just now caught this thread.

Been there myself (with a leg injury), the drugs are nice, but my family just simply weren't available to be there to wait on me, which meant fending for myself. Ah, Demarol!!

Anyway, heal fast & get better soon. Glad you're still able to post, m'deah!!

-sulky
:wink:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Misha

Post by Misha »

Hey Mug,

So, how are you doing? Still a capsule queen? Hey if a big loud mouthed idiot white guy shows up looking for Oxycontin............RUN!!!!!

Seriously, how are you doing? What color is the cast? Or, have you not got it yet?
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

How's the recovery going SMM? Can we have an update?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Gosh that's sweet, more than I deserve given the pointed moodiness I've foisted on some of you folks over the past months.

That said, the busted wing is doing well. I'm amazed by the efficacy of the surgery-- I have about 98% range of motion back, and the other 2% will come too. The split tricep is getting stronger; I can lift stuff fairly well but can't push with it yet. The incision still hurts a lot, and the scar, while not as angry-looking as it might be, is more or less the length of my whole upper arm, so nothing subtle there. I really didn't need any more, er, eccentricities to my looks, frankly, but hey, what can ya do. Now I'm just battling the paper storm generated by the expenses and a fuck-up in my insurance coverage.

Thanks for asking. And how are you and Mrs. Verbal G?

And where is the Doof? And Mr. Brain? So good to see C Punk back here!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

hugs for mug!

honestly, i do not believe you look 'eccentric'. you look like a bostonian. well, okay, maybe they are the same thing. the look here is its own.

my bud came up from VA this summer, and she commented that everyone seemed to have a backpack or a tote bag, what were they all carrying around everywhere? my guess - drugs. or maybe books. it's definitely a far cry from yorktown VA.

i've got a friend who just got a full back tattoo. okay, her back's not completely covered, but that thing is HUGE. and really, really cool.

tattoo it! just a thought. :)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Glad to hear you are feeling better Muggy - you will soon be up and flapping your elbows for the dreaded 'birdie song' at Xmas!! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

You guys really are sweet beyond words. Thank you.

Poppet-- it's funny about the tattoo idea, but you see I already have a ~8" tattoo in exactly that spot-- on my other arm!! So if I got one over the scar I'd look pretty thuggish,(or maybe just moreso than I do now when my tattoo is bared) with big tattoos on each arm!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Poppet wrote: honestly, i do not believe you look 'eccentric'. you look like a bostonian. well, okay, maybe they are the same thing. the look here is its own.
Do you think so? Interesting. I've always thought the opposite, actually-- that the youth here either sport the generic college look, or try to look like they're from SF or Seattle; while the adults are either dowdy D.C. types or New-Yorker-type-fashion-free-spirits.

I love to be eccentric in terms of style-- you too, I'd say (aside to audience: I have seen this woman in pants with laces up the side!!!!). If clothes ain't fun, you may as well be nekkid.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

mug wrote: youth here either sport the generic college look, or try to look like they're from SF or Seattle; while the adults are either dowdy D.C. types or New-Yorker-type-fashion-free-spirits.

well, i'm from the south, land of women wearing big floppy lace collars and polyester pants as fashion. so, yes, i see a style here. it's kinda college, with a mix of easy and *FASHION* just to keep it interesting. so i see that yes, we may be like other cities, but to my eye it's still different than NYC and WAY different than Tidewater VA. (PRAISE BE! for that.)

i LOVE my pants that lace up. okay, they're sewn together, so undoing the laces isn't that exciting. but i think they look fab. :)

gotta run. more shopping to do. later on, update on class. wheeee!
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....