Another New Member Here

Pretty self-explanatory
docinwestchester

Another New Member Here

Post by docinwestchester »

I'm a huge fan of EC since the first album. I grew up in a suburb of NYC listening to WNEW-FM, WPIX-FM, and WLIR-FM, all of which were playing tons of Elvis and broadcasting numerous live events such as the King Biscuit Flower Hour shows. I watched on TV his infamous performance on SNL when he stopped Less Than Zero and switched to Radio Radio. My first show was at the Palladium NYC in 1978, then 1979, then Merriweather Post Pavillion 1983, and finally solo in Washington DC in 1984....Not much but this pathetic list will grow by +1 next week when I see him solo in Purchase, NY. Can't wait.

When I saw him solo in 1984, I taped the show on a cheap portable cassette recorder. The sound quality is decent, but there's a fair amount of background noise and conversations. In addition, I screwed up and didn't press the record button properly at the start, so after ~40 mins had gone by, I went to turn the tape over and realized I had never started recording! Still mad about that to this day. But I got the second half of this awesome show on tape. I've sat on it since then, listening happily on my iPod, never really considering how to share with others. Having now spent a fair amount of time on BTX and Jungleland (Springsteen sites), I've learned about torrents and plan to upload this show on Dime in the next week or so. I've converted the files to WAV, and just have to convert to FLAC and get the format right for Dime. I'll let you know when this is up on Dime.

I'm bringing a digital recorder to the Purchase show next week and if it's good I'll get it on Dime as well.

Looking forward to talkin' Elvis...

docinwestchester