Who IS the hot water guy ?

Pretty self-explanatory
snapyou

Who IS the hot water guy ?

Post by snapyou »

Who is the guy that's been with EC for years that is always on stage before EC comes on,sorting out his hot water drink?
sulky lad

Re: Who IS the hot water guy ?

Post by sulky lad »

That must be Milo who glowers at the crowd as he places the steaming lemon tea drink in place ! Actually Milo has invariably been generous enough to find me a setlist when I've asked for one !
snapyou

Post by snapyou »

Always a little towel too.Yes,he's cool with set lists.

He's been around for YEARS !
What's his proper job title?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Milo rules. I've run into him beneath railway bridges in Holland ( never figured that one out...) and I knew I was in the right place when he appeared around the corner, Boots bag in hand, in Basingstoke the afternonn of the Brodsky gig last April. He gets credited at the end of the Spectacle episodes as 'production manager'. On the WIWC sleeve he's a ' Production Manager ', 'Studio and Stage Management' on TDM ,'Studio Coordinator' for SPS etc. Milo's mum was Bob Dylan's housekeeper when Dylan played the Isle ofWight in 1969. You probably didn't need to know the last bit.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Milos is always gracious to talk to before the shows...good man! :) :)
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Who is the guy that's been with EC for years that is always on stage before EC comes on,sorting out his hot water drink?
But what IS the hot water drink? When I went to the Spectacle taping with Cash, Kristofferson, Mellencamp & Jones, suddenly, during a little pause in the action, stagehands appeared with steaming mugs for everyone. Roseanne Cash picked up her mug and had a sip. Her eyes got huge and she said, "Oh! Jesus Christ!". Then she turned to John Mellencamp and said, "Did you taste this? I thought it was just tea!"

So that made me so curious. Does anyone know? Is it weird herbs or some nasty-tasting bark extract or straight lemon juice or what?
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Elvis once said, I seem to remember, that his usually has a little washing up liquid in it or something bizarre like that. Maybe I dreamed that.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Tea with a drop or two of dish soap is a well-known throat lubricant and hydrator amongst singers. Sounds weird but I'm absolutely not making this up.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Wow! I guess that would do it--make a person say "Jesus Christ!"
Do you think the tour rider includes...1 bottle Lemon Fresh Palmolive, or something like that? :)
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight