mood swung

Re: Elvis & The Time Jumpers Station Inn Nashville Feb 22 2010

Post by mood swung »

I think my grandpa had that hat in red.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Jeff Taylor and Dennis Crouch from The Sugarcanes are in The Time Jumpers. ( http://www.thetimejumpers.com/music )
What was Elvis doing in Nashville?
Could he be working on his next album?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

From the Nashville Scene blog:
Elvis Costello Is in Nashville. What's He Up To?

Turns out, as shit was getting real last night over at The Mercy Lounge, shit was getting really real down at the Station Inn, where Elvis Costello was sitting in with The Time Jumpers (see video above or check out this news item, courtesy of Tune In Music City).

In other spectacular news, legendary Attractions/Imposters drummer Pete Thomas was spotted eating lunch earlier this afternoon at PM. That fucking rules. Now, we all know that Costello has a pronounced affinity for Music City, and the more enlightened among us know that Thomas is Elvis's main man when it comes to playing music of the rock variety. So here's my question: Are Elvis Costello and the Imposters making a record in Nashville? If you know anything, do tell. Also, if anyone out there has a line on the next Costello surprise performance is, then drop me a line at agold [at] nashvillescene [dot] com. I'll give you a sizable stack of unopened promo CDs in exchange for your intel. Holla at me!
And from the comments:
elvis and gang (i think tbone is producing again) are at a studio on belmont all month
nobodygirl

Post by nobodygirl »

Apparently he and I were eating lunch in restaurants that were right next to each other. Dang! Should've gone with sushi over Tex-Mex today.

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvil ... hville.php
Your friends said you were better off dead
You were dead anyway from the start
--RA
wordnat

Post by wordnat »

That's the best version I've ever heard. One word: Wow. Eleven more words: I hope the rumors of a new Nashville LP are true....
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

wordnat wrote:That's the best version I've ever heard. One word: Wow. Eleven more words: I hope the rumors of a new Nashville LP are true....
I agree with that. Country Elvis just may be my favorite Elvis. A stripped down acoustic Nashville record with a 50-50 mix of covers and new material and guest appearances from Emmy Lou, Nick Lowe, Hiatt, Cooder . . . wouldn't that be awesome?

Something along the lines of this one from a few years ago w/ Nick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgOZsfqTbCw

And for the love of me, I can't find the artist or song that Elvis sang a track on this artists album -- it was within the last 5 or 6years. It was some hillbilly bluegrass/country artist. Heard it on public radio and was blown away. Anyone know who that might be? Wish I could find it.

Country Elvis is really a very sublime and intense rocking Elvis.
nobodygirl

Post by nobodygirl »

Emotional Toothpaste wrote:And for the love of me, I can't find the artist or song that Elvis sang a track on this artists album -- it was within the last 5 or 6years. It was some hillbilly bluegrass/country artist. Heard it on public radio and was blown away. Anyone know who that might be? Wish I could find it.
You might be thinking of Charlie Louvin.
Your friends said you were better off dead
You were dead anyway from the start
--RA
Emotional Toothpaste

Nope, not Charlie Louvin. I think Elvis only sings one verse on one track on that 2007 release, right? Thats not it.

This track was one in which Elvis sings the whole song. Wracking my brain and keyboard trying to find it. Some obscure country artist.
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

Emotional Toothpaste wrote: And for the love of me, I can't find the artist or song that Elvis sang a track on this artists album -- it was within the last 5 or 6years. It was some hillbilly bluegrass/country artist. Heard it on public radio and was blown away. Anyone know who that might be?
"You Win Again" on Charlie Haden's Rambling Boy
Emotional Toothpaste

That's it!! Thank you Earl Manchester. Just ordered that disc.