Ah! to be a 'Complete Unknown'

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jack of All Parades

Ah! to be a 'Complete Unknown'

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Had to chuckle at a small piece in today's Poughkeepsie Journal on the Nation and World page- appears a police officer on duty in Long Branch, NJ stopped a man observed walkiing in a local neighborhood on July 23rd-the 24 year old officer asked for id failing to observe that the man was Bob Dylan-when produced he was apparantly allowed to continue his stroll-the local Business Administrator in Long Branch was quoted "I don't think she was familiar with his entire body of work".
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
always dancing

Re: Ah! to be a 'Complete Unknown'

Post by always dancing »

Wonder why he was stopped? That is Long Branch for you. Spent a summer there and one of my jobs was checking beach tags. I guess they just like to check things.
Jack of All Parades

I suppose it was a zealous neighborhood watcher- unused to an elderly individual attired in a natty "Nudie" suit strolling through the neighborhood-not an everyday occurance I assume-ah! the well dressed vagabond just strolling 'like a rolling stone'.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Jack of All Parades

Woke this morning to the early drive Djs on the local Woodstock station, WDST, discussing the run in with the 'Fuz' in Long Branch- seems speculation is that Dylan was looking for Spingsteen's childhood home- appears he has been on pilgrimedges of late to the childhood homes of musicians he admires- having already visited homes for Neil Young, George Harrison, John Lennon and Paul McCartney- either that or he was seeking inspiration for his long rumored Christmas album in the sands of Long Branch.