Bonnaroo Webcast tonight 6/13

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

Bonnaroo Webcast tonight 6/13

Post by FAVEHOUR »

A reminder, it looks like EC's solo set will be webcast tonight (june 13) on the AT & T Music site....(http://music.att.net)

any of you technical wizards who can capture this, please do, and please contact me by PM if you're successful

dave
bronxapostle

Re: Bonnaroo Webcast tonight 6/13

Post by bronxapostle »

I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DAVE. GUESS I SHOULD PRACTICE WITH LUCINDA FIRSTLY. DO YOU SMELL AN EC APPEARANCE WITH HER LIKE I DO? I PREDICTED IT AT GUINNESS FLEADH RANDALLS ISLAND TEN YEARS AGO THIS MONTH AND MADE SURE I WAS THERE WITH SONY AS WELL. BEST, BA
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Yeah, I watched lucinda but if she did an encore (which is when EC would've shown up) they didn't show it on the web...bummer.

dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

is this webcast for EC coming through like wiring is under water for anybody else? UGH!!!!!!!!!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

That was quite the solo performance.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeah, a great little varied set considering it was one of the hardest nights i've ever witnessed for him vocally. was that JENNY's band completely for GO AWAY & PLU?
And No Coffee Table

I believe so. I don't know the name of the bassist.

Setlist:

01. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes - EC solo
02. Watching The Detectives - EC solo
03. Radio, Radio - EC solo
04. Complicated Shadows - EC solo
05. New Amsterdam / You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - EC solo
06. The Condemned Man - EC solo
07. Veronica - EC solo
08. The River In Reverse (including the usual lines from Broken Promise Land) with Allen Toussaint
09. Nearer To You - with Allen Toussaint
10. Who's Gonna Help Brother Get Further? - with Allen Toussaint
11. Radio Sweetheart / Jackie Wilson Said - EC solo
12. Everyday I Write The Book - with Jim Lauderdale
13. Sulphur To Sugarcane - with Jim Lauderdale
14. Femme Fatale - with Jim Lauderdale & "Farmer" Dave Scher
15. The Crooked Line - with Jim Lauderdale, Jenny Lewis & "Farmer" Dave Scher
16. Go Away - with Jenny Lewis, "Farmer" Dave Scher, Johnathan Rice, Danielle Haim, Barbara Gruska, plus unidentified bassist
17. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? (including a couple of lines from The Kids Are Alright) - with Jenny Lewis, "Farmer" Dave Scher, Johnathan Rice, Danielle Haim, Barbara Gruska, plus unidentified bassist

The webcast began with "Red Shoes" already in progress.
Last edited by And No Coffee Table on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

please ANCT, save me the trouble of scrounging: just what are the usual broken promise land lines added to RIR? thanks
And No Coffee Table

"In the name of the father and the son, in the name of gasoline and a gun."

I'm not aware of him performing "The River In Reverse" without those lines since that song's earliest performances.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeah....it has been that long, so i don't even think of it as being a different song anymore. thanks...b
And No Coffee Table

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/06/14/i ... aroo-9187/
Saturday’s slate also included Elvis Costello, who, before his set, joined Jenny Lewis on stage for a song: Lewis’ “Carpetbaggers.”
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

bronxapostle wrote:yeah, a great little varied set considering it was one of the hardest nights i've ever witnessed for him vocally. was that JENNY's band completely for GO AWAY & PLU?
Yes he really struggled again vocally. Very similar to the WT vocal performance. Hopefully he will get it back on track as the tour progresses.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Elvis Costello performs during the Bonnaroo Arts and Music Festival in Manchester, Tenn., Saturday, June 13, 2009. (AP Photo/Dave Martin
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

please FAVEDAVE or anyone else who captured the audio yesterday....is there a strange warbling effect periodically throughout the set? between them missing the beginning of RED SHOES and this, i feel uninspired to break it into tracks. maybe i'll just put it on cd as one track. anybody notice the weird underwater sound feel more than once as did i? thanks, ba
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

• bronxapostle wrote:... anybody notice the weird underwater sound feel more than once as did i?
Yes, I noticed it too, on and off throughout the webcast, perhaps around 10% of the time.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks for the verification EARL! so, i guess i'll just rip it AS IS!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:please FAVEDAVE or anyone else who captured the audio yesterday....is there a strange warbling effect periodically throughout the set? between them missing the beginning of RED SHOES and this, i feel uninspired to break it into tracks. maybe i'll just put it on cd as one track. anybody notice the weird underwater sound feel more than once as did i? thanks, ba

Yes, I heard it too, very irritating!!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Any chance in uploading it with Mediafire?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2009/ ... companion/

Her third and final song gets cut into by Elvis Costello, who’s in the middle of “(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes.” It’s a solo performance, Elvis busking for the festival crowd and getting them to sing along, as he did when I saw him ten long years ago at Woodstock 99. Here, he’s like an exceptionally talented open mic performer.

He gives high energy readings of “Watching the Detectives” “Radio, Radio,” and “Alison” spinning through his greatest hits. After covering the Beatles’ “You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away,” (a tune I remember him doing at Woodstock), plaid as a mash-up with his own “New Amsterdam,” he debuts a new song, about a man who’s about to be executed. “This is special for Bonnaroo, this isn’t even on a record yet.”

New Orleans piano legend Alan Toussaint, who performed earlier, joins him on keys for a few choice cuts from their joint album The River in Reverse. “When your huddled together in your sleeping bag, I hope you remember the words to this song,” said Costello, introducing “Nearer to You.” By the end of his set, which included a cover of Van Morrison’s “Jackie Wilson Said,” and the lyrics “the women in Poughkeepise take their clothes off when their tipsy” (from the new “Sulphur to Sugarcane”), Costello was joined by a full band. Said band belonged to Jenny Lewis, who helped Costello plow through “The Crooked Line, “Go Away,” and “What’s So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding.”
blureu

Post by blureu »

Photos from Stereogum:

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/F ... naroo-616/

Elvis Costello helped Jenny Lewis polish off her set with a surprise rendition of “Carpetbaggers.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/slideshow ... 5973895/14

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Bonnaroo concert Special on Fuse Fest on June 20th: will Elvis be included?
http://www.iconvsicon.com/2009/06/16/fu ... june-20th/

Mark your calendars and remember to tune in to “Fuse Fest: Bonnaroo 2009” on June 20th, 2009 at 9pm ET for a concert special highlighting the best performances from this year’s festival. The special will include performances by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Beastie Boys, Phish, Coheed and Cambria, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Snoop Dogg and more.

Online at fuse.tv, music lovers can download free music from this year’s Bonnaroo bands including Bon Iver, Elvis Costello, Phoenix, as well as view photos and watch videos from last year’s event.

Tune-in to Fuse Fest for a front row seat at this year’s biggest and best music festivals including Bonnaroo and Vans Warped Tour coming in July.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »