Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
so lacklustre

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by so lacklustre »

Most of Old Trafford were group wanking over Tevez today (but then he is quite good looking in comparison to the Manchester girls)
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I meant wanking over provided images, it's all so limited and boring. Mental ones maybe on occasion. Generally so much more satisfying to have the real thing. Do we need a new thread entitled Masturbatory Habits to explore this one in more detail?

I have to confess undying love for Tevez. Comes from the humblest of backgrounds. Looks only half human, if that, gives every last drop of the 100% (I would say 200%, but again, I'm too grown up for hyperbole). And has this knack of getting crucial goals late in the season. I would sooner see us off-loading the 80% at best Berbie.

So we've equalled Liverpool's total top flight titles tally. Fergie now has two triple Prem runs behind him. It's entirely remarkable. And it remains a huge thrill, especially when it involves clinching it at home against Arsene's bunch of under-achievers. Shame it wasn't part 2 of the drubbing that started at Emirates, but let's not quibble over details.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Congrats Otis. Well deserved.

Took my boy to the Red Bulls-Dynamo match yesterday. Went down a man early when Rojas was sent off with a stupid red card. Then Houston got a goal fairly late and it all looked lost until Wolyniec came on as a sub and scored a great goal. Could have won it a moment after that. 1-1 final. Onward and upward. The boy keeps going with me until we lose!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Thank you for your graciousness. Heaven only knows what would have happened if Roman had signed up Fat Guus rather than Big Phil at the start of the season, but I'll leave you fantasising over that one.

Now for May 27...

Feel for West Brom. Played nice footie, just couldn't make it work,]

Feel too for Cambridge United. Second year running in the Blue Square Wembley final for a return to the national leagues, but Torquay did the biz 2-0. Not that I have any allegiance, Only lived here for 17 years.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

So what do they do at Hull City next week?

Huge relegation ramifications for Newcastle. (though I would argue that this is the danger of playing crap all year - and Newcastle played themselves into this spot).
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Very, very smart move from Solack in FF. The last gameweek is going to be a nail-biting experience for me. :)
To be honest, though, I have no idea where the 3 bonus points for Gerrard come from. West Brom were all over Liverpool in much of the second half.

Crossing my fingers for Newcastle. (my kids are Michael Owen fans)
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Newcastle deserve all they get and I would laugh my proverbials off if Hull beat a team if Utd academy players :lol:

Having said that, I don't think it will matter a jot as Newc will go down without a fight at Villa and Hull's best is no match for Utd's weakest.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Having said that, I don't think it will matter a jot as Newc will go down without a fight at Villa and Hull's best is no match for Utd's weakest.
Villa have been poor since they crashed out of Europe. So Newcastle could get something out of that. It'll take a hell of an effort by Hull just to get a draw against Man United. My guess is that Newcastle get the draw and stay up on goal difference.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

invisible Pole wrote:Very, very smart move from Solack in FF. The last gameweek is going to be a nail-biting experience for me. :)
To be honest, though, I have no idea where the 3 bonus points for Gerrard come from. West Brom were all over Liverpool in much of the second half.

Crossing my fingers for Newcastle. (my kids are Michael Owen fans)

The bonus pooints are often a mystery.

Thank you for the compliment - high praise indeed from the champ! I've got more points come as Ken Jones has scored for Sunderland tonight and he'll come in as my autosub.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Yep, just noticed it.
This narrows the gap down to 6 points! (providing Jones does not get any bonus points).
Should I now buy Gerrard ? (probably only to see you buying back Lampard :lol:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Is this the footy thread or a little old ladies tea party? All this courtesy and good sportsmanship. I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

And bored.

Bored out of my tiny little mind.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

fuck off motherfucking yankee doodle cocksucker you know nothing about the great game. M fucking L fucking S is for fucking losers and hasbeens and fucking soccercocksuckingmoms. Stick to home fucking runs, word wanking series and touchbums and 8' basketfucking ball fucking players.

Is that better?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

YANKEE?????

You racist ass.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Pay him no mind moody.

Arsenal's tippy tappy girly men and collection of embryos in jars wouldn't survive an American summer. :D :D :wink: :wink:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I think he's got a bassaball jones....he gotta bassaball jones
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well we finished 8th and lost out on Europe by a whisker! Not bad considering the shocking start to the season and all the 'you will get relegated - no team has recovered from a start like this' claims! Heres hoping Harry will get us off to a better start next season - which makes me depressed now remembering the season has finished! :(

Still all is not lost - world cup games to look forward to - next one 6th June!! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Good move re Harry. It was like Hull in reverse. Can'tbelieve what a dull whimper the end of the season was. No fight from Newcastle at all!

2-1 in 90 mins is my prediction for tomorrow. Hope it's a good game, but I'll settle for anything that gives the almighty SAF his third time.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

What a nerve-racking finish of Fantasy Premier League! Two very poor gameweeks on my side narrowed my lead from 33 points in Gameweek 36 to mere 3 points at the end of the season!
Luckily (and rather unexpectedly) Solack changed his captain. :) If he had stuck to Gerrard, he'd have won the league.
Thank you all who participated. It's been great fun, as usual, and I hope to see you all back in FPL in August.
Boy With A Problem

Congratulations IP. Even if I hadn't fallen asleep for a month, I don't think I could have caught up with the you or So Lack. But even I had the sense to have Gerrard as my captain for the last week! Somewhat gratifying to finish ahead of Otis and Sam and like Otis I stuck with Ronaldo way too long.

And it was very gratifying to have Fulham finish in the top seven - in Europe and ahead of both Spurs and West Ham.

Glad to see Newcastle go - glad to see Hull City and Stoke City stay up for another year.

Sorry to see Sheffield United not make it up - and sorry to see Saints go down again.

And for the next week I become a Barcelona supporter and an Everton supporter.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I stopped playing around Christmas to be honest. Work and family concerns took over and before I knew it I was out of the running. I promise to be a more attentive player next season.

Looking forward to the FA Cup on Saturday and even if we lose it'll be nice to see a former New York player, Tim Howard, win some major silverware.

Could be a long summer. I was hoping to be able to at least enjoy the remainder of the MLS season, but the Red Bulls are playing so poorly that there is really not much to get excited about, apart from hanging out with friends at the game and enjoying a few pre-game beers. Another frustrating game against Chicago on Saturday. Played better and still lost.
Otis Westinghouse

Congrats, IP. Yeah, my love for Cristiano got the better of me. Shame we aren't playing for money - tends to help motivate.

Everton for the cup! Bugger Barcelona! Nice one Burnley!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Because I am the Best Mom Ever, I'm letting Austin check out of school early today to see this thing.

And I only mention this so I can brag that he lettered this year as a freshman. :lol: Way to go, austinator - your mom thinks you're cool!
Boy With A Problem

The better team won.

And we saw the world's best player. Leo Messi.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Boy With A Problem wrote:The better team won.

And we saw the world's best player. Leo Messi.
Hope they sent a bottle of bubbly to Mr. Ovrebo. :D
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Commiserations Otis - what the hell happened? MU looked like a different team!Its gutting but im afraid the better team really did win. :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!