Limbaugh

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
A rope leash

Rush Limbo

Post by A rope leash »

Deported to Switzerland? Sounds okay to me!

Hey Noise! Ditto, man!

How do you know so much about Rushburger? You don't actually listen to him, do you?

My brother the Nazi often plays the show very loudly from the old stereo in his shop. The odd thing is, he keeps it a bit off-frequency, so the show is accompanied by a high-pitched howling. He says it adds to the bunker atmosphere.

Rush hails from Cape Girardeau, the same town from whence I recieve my CBS broadcast. What a bunch of hosers.

He has admitted to smoking pot in the past. A lot of Nazi-redneck-Republicans do weed. It's true. There's a dirty elitism involved here, an attitude that says "it's not me, it's YOU!. YOU people!"

It's rude, vicious, ugly, and popular. Screw that!
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Mega dittos Noise! Rush is just proving that if you spew enough bullshit, sooner or later you'll step in it.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

No, I don't listen to his show. The racist comments have been reported on MSNBC and other reputable news agencies. Even Fox News has reported them. That must have been painful for them.

I saw the incident with the TV show because a relative o fmine was a fan. We watched it one evening, and he turned it off after Rush made his comments. He's never watched or listened since.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Pov

Post by Pov »

noiseradio wrote: I saw the incident with the TV show because a relative o fmine was a fan. We watched it one evening, and he turned it off after Rush made his comments. He's never watched or listened since.
Al Franken discusses the incident in his new book. Apparently, the Limbaugh folks tried to explain it away by claiming that Chelsea's picture was put up by mistake. But they never answered the question, if that was a mistake, what picture did they intend to show?
Lipstick

Post by Lipstick »

One of Limbaugh's many problems is that he sets himself up as the defender of all that is "right." (Pun intended.) Now that his laundry is out for airing, everyone is having a grand time at his expense. Hmmm, seems like turnabout IS fair play.
Don't bury me 'cause I'm not dead yet.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Limbaugh confirmed today that he's a junkie. I love it when a hypocrite takes a fall. I have zero sympathy for this hateful windbag.

Limbaugh Says He's Addicted to Painkillers

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 3:12 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh announced during his radio program Friday that he is addicted to painkillers and is checking into a a rehab center to "break the hold this highly addictive medication has on me."

"You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life,'' Limbaugh said. "So I need to tell you today that part of what you have heard and read is correct. I am addicted to prescription pain medication.''
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
A rope leash

Pain management

Post by A rope leash »

Addiction is a disease, and we should all feel sorry for him.

NOT!

If it were you or I, rehab would come after jail!

I want a perp walk!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I like how he refers to it as "medication" as opposed to "drugs." Sounds much more innocent, doesn't it? Anyone think that Attorney General John Ashcroft will get personally involved in prosecution of Rush, as he has in the case of Tommy Chong, who's been sent up the river for nine months for selling bongs? No? Me neither.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Ok, my greater concern about this topic is that at this moment, in some rehab, Rush has checked himself in.....think of the poor bastards that are going to be stuck in group therapy with him.....

I cannot even imagine how horrible that would be.....I hope they all get a free vacation to a spa after their ordeal...or they get a bondage gag and stop the flow.....Maybe they can all go home for 30 days....or at least go back to drinking and using while listening to the windbag get over his addiction.....God grant them the serenity and patience to deal with him, or the wisdom to get out....
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Wishing ill will on people (yes, Rush is a person too) is unhealthy.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

cosmos wrote:Wishing ill will on people (yes, Rush is a person too) is unhealthy.
So is evil, hateful rhetoric. When Jerry Garcia died, Rush referred to him as "just another dead doper." Why should I have any sympathy for someone so callous and so hypocritical?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I agree, Sam. This bleeding-heart-liberal's got lots more deserving causes than him to bleed for. The well-wish I have for him is to learn something and get some humility and open-mindedness.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

I'm an oddity on this board, being that I would call myself a (gulp) Republican.

On the Mc Nabb issue, it seems to me he was accusing the sports press of racism. I have never really understood the term "reverse racism". That phrase in itself seems racist.

I'll take the pragmatism of O Reilly any day over the harsh and cruel absolute rhetoric of Limbaugh. He is a demagogue.

As for the drug charges, which are sizing up to be dramatic and true, I just have to say, the bigger they come, the harder they fall. He deserves everything that is being dished at him. He was, and is, a junkie. Unlike most addicts, he had the benefit of wealth, and the most sophisticated health care system in the world, and he chose denial for himself and his audience for years. I have no sympathy for him. Let him rehabilitate, that's only fair, but if there is any sincerity in his constituency, they should reject his 5 years of rhetoric and lies and find a new hero. Again, I am a Repbublican.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Cbartal, As I have said before on this board, I don't suppose my opinion to be any more important than anyone else's. However, I do have to take exception with the idea that Bill O'Reilly is pragmatic. O'Reilly is a liar, a sham, and NOT a journalist (at least not one with any intergrity). I don't care how often he harps on the fact that he is a centrist on some issues. He isn't. He has blatantly lied many many times on his show and then even lied about the lies. He and Rush are birds of a feather- reactionaries who give true conservatives a bad name.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

pop,

I expected to receive heat for my remarks. I understand the basic dynamic of this board and Costello's fan base.

I listen to O'Reilly probably 3-4 times a week. I probably agree with 80 % of what he says. If that makes me a liar and a sham, then so be it.

I don't consider myself a conservative, and I don't think O does either. If you think there is some type of conspiracy on the make, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I really don't understand the sham aspect of your comments. But North is still pretty damn good.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

cbartal,

No slam here, just information.

O'Reilly has been known to stretch the truth quite a bit. That wouldn't be so bad (I think most media stretches thew truth), except that he sets himself up as protector of the No Spin Zone. He insists he has no bias. I'd prefer him to just come out and say "I'm conservative. I lean to the right. I'm less conservative on some social issues, but overall, I tend to vote republican."

And this isn't speculation. He was a registered republican when the show started. He's welcome to be. My dad's a registered republicn; I have nothing against registered republicans. That's fine. But Bill lied about it. And he made the claim for a long time that he had won 2 Peabody awards when he was on Inside Edition. Never happened. The show won a Polk award, but only after O'Reilly left the show.

These are not huge lies. These are not earth-shaking revelations. But when someone shouts down people on his show every night for spinning the truth, he doesn't get to spin his own. It's the same problem I have with Rush--not the ideology, but the hypocrisy. Bias is great. Everyone is biased. Most of us admit it. I wish O'Reilly would.

And I don't trhink anyone thinks ill of you for your political opinions. I lean farther to the right than most on this board (though my family considers me a lefty). I've engaged in pretty heated discussions here, but no one's ever called me aliar or a sham. I certainly don't have that opinion of you.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
A rope leash

Real Left

Post by A rope leash »

Both Rush and O'Really? consider themselves to be "entertainers". For a lot of folks, it's entertaining to attack other folks that don't think like they do. It's fun to make fun of people who are not as fortunate as others. It's all about feeling good about being a moron, because there's always someone "lesser" out there that we can point to and laugh at, or fear.

I find it rather boorish and uncivil. They never let people talk, they constantly interrupt their "guest victims", and attack them with personal degradation. It's always "You...", or "You people...", or "People like you...". Like many Christians, they are never wrong, even though logic and truth does not jive with their "views". Compare it to the Nazi propaganda machine, and you'll see that there is very little difference. They really got Whitey scared that something is going to be taken away, like, for instance, their "freedom", which is actually being taken away by the same people who say they are defending it.

In fact, these divisive ploys are essential to the forwarding of the reactionist movement. If they can keep people fighting among themselves about everything from God to guns, then the corporate industial complex can continue their raping ways without any real discourse on the matter. I've said for many years that if the GOP had a chance, they would make themselves kings. That's exactly what they are attempting to do now, using fear and intimidation as their main weapons. Mark my words: If it looks like they are going to lose in the next election, we can expect some sort of contrived "disaster" that will serve as an excuse for cancelling the elections.

GWB, et al, has screwed this country good. Is a war of aggression, high unemployment, and a huge debt something to be proud of? It can be, if you're wearing blinders.

Here's a good site for us ultra-leftists:

http://www.hated.com

Check it out, Cbart. We're coming after "You".

By the way, Rush is kidding himself if he thinks he can beat an opiate addiction in thirty days.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

to his credit the fat fuck has indeed lost weight!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Rope,

I don't know if you meant to imply it, but Rush Limbaugh is actually not a Christian. If memory serves (and it may not) he's Jewish. I seem to remember him taking a trip to Israel a few years back and making the point that he was doing so to get in touch with his Jewish heritage.
--William Shakespeare
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

....or for ratings....
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Lipstick

Re: Real Left

Post by Lipstick »

A rope leash wrote: Like many Christians, they are never wrong, even though logic and truth does not jive with their "views". Compare it to the Nazi propaganda machine...
Bigotry, anyone?
A rope leash

Not

Post by A rope leash »

Noise, if Rush is Jewish, then he's one of a very few Jews to hail from Cape Giradeau, MO. My brother doesn't like Jews, so why would he love Rush...?

Yes, Lipstick, many Christians are bigoted. Jews are going to Hell, Muslims are going to Hell, agnostics are going to Hell. That's not me talking, that's Christian dogma.

If you're calling me a bigot, that's fine. What goes around, comes around. I've had to tolerate their intolerance of my views for a very long time. It's long past time that freethinkers like myself stood up to the insanity of Christianity. Nothing I've said here is not the truth, but religious types tell whoppers all the time.

I suppose Lipstick's particualar brand of Christianity is completely tolerant of all other religions. That's why I said "many Christians', and not "all Christians". Still, one of the main tenents of Christianity is that entrance to the Kingom of Heaven is not allowed unless the person is "saved" through the "blood of Jesus". That means everyone else is condemed. If that's not intolerance, I don't know what is.

A rope leash = bigot. Any one else agree?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

No. Religion breeds hatred as well as compassion... all religions have condemnation of certain things as standard, be it homosexuality, eating meat, drinking alcohol, or having stained glass in the church.

Unfortunately people paid by the religions tend to condemn more than they embrace. I say spread the good stuff in your faiths, but forget the negative stuff.

I never heard of this guy Rush Limbo before, but he sounds like a bit of an unfortunate character. Glad I don't have to listen to that kind of vitriolic hatred on the radio too.
Lipstick

Post by Lipstick »

Your response is so respectful, so full of compassion. I'm pursuaded!

How quick you are to assume things about me.

I am a Christian, and very passionate about my faith. But make no mistake. The people you see on TV do not speak for me. I think for myself. You do not know anything about me, and yet have fastened all kinds of hateful qualities to me.

So yes, I smell bigotry a mile away.

Your voice says to me: There are a billion Christians in the world. They are all the same and I hate them all.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

Ya know, I've come to find this Annex a very dangerous place, having almost been fed to the lions on a couple of occasions.

I'm gonna go back, I'm gonna go back, and I don't even know how I got off the track...

Back where it's safe and warm in the glow of North... I'll be three stories up if anyones interested.