Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I think my mate's paying £2,000 for his two tickets. I got them off him for £40 a pop. That's the official selling on rate, and if you can't line anyone up yourself, you do it through the club who whack on 25% to make it £50. Four years ago we paid something like £28 each, so things have clearly changed. I did find myself looking at the season ticket holders around me and wondering what sort of sacrifice it meant/would mean for their families, particularly in 2009.

Still, for me as a one-off it was worth every penny. A real Christmas treat.

One of the bitterest disappointments of my 70s worship of the Mighty Reds was the '76 FA Cup final. It seemed impossible that we could lose. Tomorrow will be our revenge. Let's hope we fare better than City, at any rate! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Otis Westinghouse

Closure.
Otis Westinghouse

You couldn't invent it! Benitez makes a total twat of himself by trying to wage war on The Master, then his bunch of plonkers are woefully inadequate at Stoke and lucky to escape with 0-0, and then, as the BBC so accurately put it, 'Man Utd brush aside dismal Chelsea'. Oh yes. Like most recent games, we should have scored 3 or 4 more than we did, but I'll settle for 3-0, despite the outrageous non-allowing of that inventive corner (Benitez Schmenitez), especially as Drogba's painfully comic swing and miss of the ball would made up for any number of injustices.

Shame Ronny didn't score, but his assist as captain together with the points from scoring Vidic and assisting Evra, together with the clean sheet, will give me a happy 36 point from the trio, with Wigan at home on Wed to look forward to, though given their current form, they are sure to prove harder opposition than Chelsea.

So the fans want Scolari out now? Mourinho looked on with a sardonic smirk. Bring back Avram, at least he gave us a run for our money last season.

Derby is now a distant memory (thank God I didn't take up a friend's offer of a ticket to that one!). Title challenge on in earnest.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:You couldn't invent it! Benitez makes a total twat of himself by trying to wage war on The Master, then his bunch of plonkers are woefully inadequate at Stoke and lucky to escape with 0-0, and then, as the BBC so accurately put it, 'Man Utd brush aside dismal Chelsea'. Oh yes. Like most recent games, we should have scored 3 or 4 more than we did, but I'll settle for 3-0, despite the outrageous non-allowing of that inventive corner (Benitez Schmenitez), especially as Drogba's painfully comic swing and miss of the ball would made up for any number of injustices.

Shame Ronny didn't score, but his assist as captain together with the points from scoring Vidic and assisting Evra, together with the clean sheet, will give me a happy 36 point from the trio, with Wigan at home on Wed to look forward to, though given their current form, they are sure to prove harder opposition than Chelsea.

So the fans want Scolari out now? Mourinho looked on with a sardonic smirk. Bring back Avram, at least he gave us a run for our money last season.

Derby is now a distant memory (thank God I didn't take up a friend's offer of a ticket to that one!). Title challenge on in earnest.
Nice to see you be so modest about it. :roll:

Dismal performance is right. Nice gets you nowhere in football. Abramovich has really shot himself in the foot and the new austerity regime is getting us nowhere. We have our Chelsea back.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:You couldn't invent it! Benitez makes a total twat of himself by trying to wage war on The Master, then his bunch of plonkers are woefully inadequate at Stoke and lucky to escape with 0-0, and then, as the BBC so accurately put it, 'Man Utd brush aside dismal Chelsea'. Oh yes. Like most recent games, we should have scored 3 or 4 more than we did, but I'll settle for 3-0, despite the outrageous non-allowing of that inventive corner (Benitez Schmenitez), especially as Drogba's painfully comic swing and miss of the ball would made up for any number of injustices.

Nice to see you being so modest about it. :roll: Ah yes, good old Ronnie - the same one who spent most of the afternoon telling the ref and linesmen to eff off.

Dismal performance is right. Nice gets you nowhere in football. Abramovich has really shot himself in the foot and the new austerity regime has the club headed nowhere fast. I give Scolari another couple of months to sort it out, but I expect he may be out as soon as we crash out of the Champions League. If we're going to lose, I'd at least like us to do it with some style or playing as a team as we did under Mourinho. This Scolari approach is about as interesting as watching paint dry.
Otis Westinghouse

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Nice to see you being so modest about it. :roll: Ah yes, good old Ronnie - the same one who spent most of the afternoon telling the ref and linesmen to eff off.
One has to celebrate success. Surely you're referring to Rooney, who did of course score, here not the Ferrari-shredding Cristiano? I only saw highlights, but certainly Rooney was guilty of his usual over-boiling, though with the disallowed goal he had some justification.

Scolari started with promise, but then, as is so often the case, reality set in. the real surprise yesterday was how Chelsea dropped their heads after the second goal. A Mourinho team would never have done that. The old confidence thing, and the sign of a team about to ditch its manager. Abramovich has other things to worry about, like depriving the Ukraine and large parts of Europe of their gas supplies.

To adapt Dylan, 'it's all over now, boys in blue'.
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

Mornin guys!
on the subject of ticket prices my season ticket at United costs £680 but that only gets you into the Premiership games, you then factor in League Cup, FA Cup and European Cup games which we have to buy even if you cant attend!! and you are looking at close on £1000!! It is ridiculous and isnt gonna get any better, how parents are supposed to be able to take their children to games is beyond me and I do belive football will lose out in the end by missing a generation of match going youngsters.
Soapbox away now! Otis, didnt know you got to the Boro game, would have met you for a drink before hand if Id known - I was down the other end of ground, the North East Quadrant (??? it will always be J stand to me!!).
Pity you couldnt attend for the Chelsea game yesterday! a superb result against a strangely ineffective Chelsea, not sure about WSS's prediction about Scolari getting the push but Chelsea dont look like the side they were a few years ago - far too many players going through the motions? Still dead chuffed with 3 points over our closet rivals and looking forward to overtaking Liverpool before they play next weekend! ( haha just watch us drop points to Wigan and Bolton!!)
...I want him to hurt...
Otis Westinghouse

I seriously expect Wigan to be way tougher than Chelsea to beat, though that isn't saying much!

I didn't let you know about Boro as you hadn't been around much, but will next next time (which I hope won't be so horribly far away).

My mate had a good time back in his seat yesterday, and it was his accompanying son's 13th birthday today, great gift from the boys in red. Best of all, the glorious moment when Roon scored and made their heads sink was followed by him running right to ther corner to celebrate. Inches away. What a moment that must have been!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:I seriously expect Wigan to be way tougher than Chelsea to beat, though that isn't saying much!
Easy now, Otis!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

My first visit to the Emirates on Saturday and 10year old daughter's first trip to see Arsenal at ll. Stadium great, but could do with under seat heating ha ha. Match a bit average but good to see scummy Bolton get what they deserved - nothing. Daughter wants to go back - when it aint so cold!

Chelsea V.poor but Rooney, Ronaldo, Drogba in particular are all cheats.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

sounds like Little Miss Lacklustre has been firmly swayed away from supporting Liverpool. Nice work.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

back of the net!
Otis Westinghouse

I guess it's some sort of improvement.

Worth visiting to relive some of that glory, but particularly worth checking out 6'10" for some of the best comedy you'll see this season. Sums up their and his performance.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

God you guys are really rubbing it in this week. To be expected, I suppose.
Otis Westinghouse

Stomach turning stuff.

Shame Southend aren't about to win.

Meanwhile at Old Trafford...
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

...you're hanging on for dear life?

3-1 Chelsea now. Sorry Otis. Find someone else's misery to revel in.
Otis Westinghouse

Misery? Why, we're second in the Prem, why would misery enter into it?

As I said before, Wigan were a much tougher opposition than Chelsea, but we saw them off.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Well at least the odious Rooney got injured. Every cloud...
Otis Westinghouse

Hah! Trying to bait me, eh? I'm above such things. Shame Tevez didn't score when he came on, missed a good one, I read. Now is when he really needs to prove his worth.

Depressing footie moment today: met a nice brazilian guy at work who's visiting the country. As ever with a Brazilian, I raise the topic of footie, and then he tells me he's more into Englisgh football than Brazilian. 'Do you follow an English club then?' 'Chelsea!'
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Depressing footie moment today: met a nice brazilian guy at work who's visiting the country. As ever with a Brazilian, I raise the topic of footie, and then he tells me he's more into Englisgh football than Brazilian. 'Do you follow an English club then?' 'Chelsea!'
:D :D
Otis Westinghouse

Trust Arsenal to sign one of the most annoying turds to ever set foot on a football pitch. This is like Dennis Wise and Michael Ballack rolled into one. Football hell. I can't wait to see the mighty Nemanja wiping the smile off his nauseating little mug.
Last edited by Otis Westinghouse on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Arshavin could be a turd but on a good day he looks unstoppable.
If you only look at his EURO 2008 performances, he had a few shots on target in every game and provided a lot of scoring opportunities for others (two goals nad two assists in three games). Same for Zenit St. Petersburg in 2007/2008 UEFA Cup games.
In fact I'm already thinking of buying him for my FF team (pity though, he's been included in Forwards, and not Midfielders).
Luckily I have Nemanja as well. :)
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm a bit worried about his consistancy, but definitely a decent signing. Manure fans should certainly know a turd when they see one - they have 3 or 4 of the biggest turds in turd town.
Otis Westinghouse

We only have majesty and genius: