Pandora radio

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
martinfoyle

Pandora radio

Post by martinfoyle »

I got sent this link and thought it was a virus at first

http://www.pandora.com/

It's actually great stuff. Easy enough to set up, though people overseas will have to find a US zip code to complete their registration. I'm listening to an Eric Dolphy type station now which has lined up a Scott Rosenberg track. Never heard of him, must find out more.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

That looks cool. I'm starting with Morrissey... let's see where it goes.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Okay, I added Bjork and EC as 'guides' to my Morrissey station, and I'm liking it quite a lot. Fun!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I went to a Pandora "town hall" event last night in San Francisco. During the event someone mentioned that the service often has difficulty with artists who explore multiple genre styles. The CEO and few others in the audience mentioned Elvis Costello as an example. If you have an Elvis Costello / Pandora station, you'll see how it jumps from power pop to big band to smooth jazz.. Now, with RIR in the mix, it probably mixes in gospel! Gospel, I don't have a problem with.. Smooth jazz is another story. I was so appalled when I heard Barry Manilow on my E.C. station... Anyhow, just thought I would post a note about this. E.C. got a little love from Pandora fans...
miss buenos aires

Re: Pandora radio

Post by miss buenos aires »

I am so late to this particular party... in the office alone today and thought I'd check it out. I have an Elvis Costello station, but it seems to be stuck in the 80s. Might have to make an Of Montreal station and see what happens...