Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Which time was that? I'm losing count.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Which time was that? I'm losing count.
Yeah I know. They're down in Oz playing a few exhibition matches now, and he had an ankle scare again. They should just keep him off the pitch for the next 4-5 months, then maybe they will get a full season out of him.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Provided a full season lasts 25 minutes. :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Haterz.

He should play just enough to get a little sweaty and do this.

Or the Gals should always play "skins." :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Looks like a skin disease is moving up his right arm and about to devour his body.

I love a good shopping offer. Until midnight tomorrow you can buy 6 bottles of wine at Sainsbury, inc. sparkling, and get 25% off. So a good quality Rioja that was already down a quid or more to £5 comes out as £3.75. I got 6, inc. what should be a lovely Albariño for a snip at £4.50 (normally quite price wine, even in Spain, from Galicia, delicious). I love the Christmas break with lunchtime wine drinking, etc. Not going anywhere, have two weeks off. Good way to recover form the year's demands.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Man, that sounds nice Otis. I'm working straight through the holiday, with a few days off here and there. Usually quiet this time of year. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Spanish wine is one of my faves at the moment. After the wonderful meal we had on Saturday at inoteca in the city, I wish I knew more about Italian wine. I ended up asking the sommelier for a suggestion and we got a lovely bottle of white from the Atri area on the Adriatic coast.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

It's a very contagious skin disease in California, Otis. Very contagious.

but if he needs help with the salve, I can do. :lol:

TWO WEEKS OFF AT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! You people take your holidays serious!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Hallelujah! The bureaucratic red tape is behind us and we can begin our home renovation just after Christmas. A new bathroom and guest bedroom are on their way.

It's nice to have an old house, but you do find out about a lot of questionable things people have done in the past. In our case, they had added a room on the third floor without having ever obtained a building license, so it was technically not kosher. Luckily, it was grandfathered in. Whew! Say goodbye to the turquoise shag carpeting!

Best thing is new built-in storage wall for my CD/record collection. I'm easy to please. Sparkling new bathroom? meh.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

mood swung wrote:The heated seats in my van are the best thing ever.
I've got to agree. :-) Doc and I call them "buttwarmers."
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Aren't they bad for the, ahem, blood vessels in said butts?
Who Shot Sam? wrote:Best thing is new built-in storage wall for my CD/record collection. I'm easy to please. Sparkling new bathroom? meh.
How many kilometres are we talking about?

I'm taking 3.5 extra days hol. We close down end Fri 21, open Jan 2. We've always closed over Christmas, apart from a couple of years where you could come in if you wanted, but the heating was off and it was like a large fridge. I have holiday to use up (24 days on top of the 4 at Christmas), so am obliged to, but with all that shopping and cooking and celebrating, and still loads of decorating from our renovations, two weeks at a stretch is essential!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

This is more of a random dream than a random thought - just a warning before anybody gets their OT panties in a wad - :lol: - but I had this post-apocalyptic dream last night. Me, my husband and BWAP are walking down a deserted interstate when WSS, who is apparently on the other side of the continent, calls on the cell phone to say that he has a VW nearby that we can use. So, we troop over to this Walton's style barn/garage, and buried under a heap of old blankets, pillows and mattresses, is a dark blue convertible bug. We debate the perceived effort (moving all that stuff) versus the possible outcomes. Will it start? How long will it run? Is that a rat I see?

And then I woke up.

Don't worry, WSS and BWAP. I am not a stalker.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

I am not a stalker.
- exactly what a stalker would say!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:This is more of a random dream than a random thought - just a warning before anybody gets their OT panties in a wad - :lol: - but I had this post-apocalyptic dream last night. Me, my husband and BWAP are walking down a deserted interstate when WSS, who is apparently on the other side of the continent, calls on the cell phone to say that he has a VW nearby that we can use. So, we troop over to this Walton's style barn/garage, and buried under a heap of old blankets, pillows and mattresses, is a dark blue convertible bug. We debate the perceived effort (moving all that stuff) versus the possible outcomes. Will it start? How long will it run? Is that a rat I see?

And then I woke up.

Don't worry, WSS and BWAP. I am not a stalker.
:lol: :lol:

Just random shit rattling around in your head - maybe something having to do with my bitchin' van comment? Most of my dreams I can't remember and the ones I do make absolutely no sense to me.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

And a truly random thought...

I'm beginning to be convinced that dentists are full of it.

Blue flosses every single day, and always always brushes in the morning and at night. Yet, the dentist scolds him: "You really should be flossing..."

I never ever floss, and often forget to brush my teeth in the morning - so often only brush once a day. Yet, the dentist is always so impressed "It's so great to have someone who flosses, your gums are so healthy!"
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

RedShoes wrote:And a truly random thought...

Blue flosses every single day, and always always brushes in the morning and at night. Yet, the dentist scolds him: "You really should be flossing..."

I never ever floss, and often forget to brush my teeth in the morning - so often only brush once a day. Yet, the dentist is always so impressed "It's so great to have someone who flosses, your gums are so healthy!"
:lol: :lol:

I think there was a bit on that on a recent episode of Family Guy - no matter what you do they will always come down on you for not flossing enough.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Well, Just found out I'm gonna be an uncle for the first time. About effing time one of my siblings got going with the family thing.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

congrats to Uncle WSS! I promise not to dream about it!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:congrats to Uncle WSS! I promise not to dream about it!
Thanks! We can finally get that crib out of our attic and return the favor of my brother and sister-in-law bombarding us with the world's loudest children's toys.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

RedShoes wrote:

I'm also deeply suspicious of dentists. I take very good care of my teeth, and I get scolded for doing too much, thereby depriving my dentist of income. Hahahaha!!! He pretends he thinks this is funny, but I think he really means it.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

My theory is that dentists are people who wanted to be doctors but didn't make it.

Just as those people who end up in HR are those that have found that they can't actually do anything useful. (board members apart of course)
signed with love and vicious kisses
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Just as those people who end up in HR are those that have found that they can't actually do anything useful.
I thought they went into real estate.

(board members apart of course)
who's in HR? I am seeking to improve my lot.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I think LTZ ended up in HR. But I don't think he's the only one here. Isn't there someone else?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I feel suspiciously competent this holiday season. Tree is up, shopping is done, gifts are shipped, cards went out today. Hmmmm..... must be forgetting something........
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Pop, man, you forget that you're Jewish.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Pop, man, you forget that you're Jewish.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain