CD Graphics...

Pretty self-explanatory
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

CD Graphics...

Post by sulkygirl »

Graphics have been updated again, all ---

Comments!! Complaints! Come On, guys, give me input!!

Realized after uploading that I'll need to creat another 2 pages (6 section, 12 page booklet), but I have everything I need now (graphics wise, except for a photo I'm waiting on), will allow me to "spread out" some of the text that's become crowded in places...should be ready (sans track list/musical credits) by Blue's deadline Friday night.

Look it over!!

http://members.tripod.com/sulkygirlwa/
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

wow, i'm very impressed, sulky!
it's very cool!
:D
I'm not angry anymore....
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I only hope our music does the graphics justice, sulky :D
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

That is great Sulky! Are you a graphic designer by profession?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SULKY: Im impressed. You have worked really hard - well done!! Just make sure you give yourself a big credit in there somewhere!

Did you guys decide on a title for it?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Sulky - it's fantastic!

The only criticism is that there's no apostrophe on "its" just before "it's components".

Sorry to be a pedant but at least it proves I read it!

You've put in so much hard work on it and I am doffing my cap to you!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Good work sulkygirl, don't forget to mention the graphics designer in big letters.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Looks great!!!
One other small apostrophe thing: on the Dedication page from A Rope Leash, 60's should be '60s (not possessive). And do you mean extracted or excerpted? But those are small nits on an otherwise fabulous job.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Above BC's mug -- we're on elviscostellofans.com not elviscostellofans.net now. Or is it meant to say that? Other than that, it's great! Nice work, Sulky.
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

See, this is why I asked you guys to look it over, we'll get the bugs worked out together.

And, no, am not a graphics designer by trade, just a little side hobby (am in IT, tech support for a major ISP)
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

That's amazing puts my graphic stuff to shame.
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Flattery will get you...well...

:oops:
Misha

Post by Misha »

Ok Sulky, break out a pen.......I said that I would correct it for you, so here goes.....(I'm sorry in advance, but we want it to be as close to great as we can!)

Cover:
Under EC's head...
It should be 'Blue Chair' with the apostrophes, as we are going with consistency and that is how the others are.

It should be http://www.elviscostellofans.com you might want to get rid of the dashes and move the 2003 over so it doesn't look like it is part of the address.

From the pen of "Otis Westinghouse'-- page:
This is not displaying all the way for me, I have reloaded the page at least ten times and it won't cooperate, so this is a partial correction...

I'm confused about the line from Otis....A skeptical friend gave me a pitying look when I spoke about meeting great people here, but the verb hasn't been misplaced." Verb? Am I not understanding this sentence? Otis? Help?

A Note to Mr. Costello page:
"& created by (and for the exclusive use of)" too many spaces between "and" and "for", eliminate one. Eliminate space after "of" before ")".

Change to 'Blue Chair' with apostrophes.

Enigmas page:
"But there is one common bond" need to get rid of d at the end of common.

It should be "My Aim is True" not all caps, also use "" marks.

singwriting needs to be changed to songwriting

I guess this is a so lacklustre question section:

But the songwriting's not too bad, my word
Do you mean...But the songwriting's not too bad, mark my word(s)

and

Now, it's time for YOU to hear US!!
Now, just put it on (and don't make a fuss)...

Is it possible to rethink the second "Now", as I think it is better form and has more power....just a thought....I'm not Auden, so don't worry about telling me to get lost.

Extracted page:

on the left, third line after "North" album cover there is the letter "I", it needs to be moved over, it looks as if a space was wrapped around.

60s or 60's I think this is a tomato/tomato problem, some people do it one way and others do it another. Flip a quarter...I doubt he would know the proper usage anyway.... :?

Bottom paragraph.... the Rolling Stones needs a space between the and Rolling.

Motown Sound---is this an actual band? If it is, it can stay capitalized, if not, it needs to be changed to Motown sound...unless you are trying specifically to make a statement.

Ok, A rope leash got a little "&" happy.....obsessed with the San Francisco scene, the war protests, The Dead, ---get rid of & in front of the war protests

Other side...A rope leash says "end-all" of rock music culture....is this part of the saying "end-all, be-all" ? If so, is he only using part of it on purpose?

It should be 'pip_52' with those damned apostrophes again...

Ok, again, I'm sorry, but I said I would help by doing this awful task of finger pointing at errors.....If I'm waaaayyy off base on something, please tell me, but I think I caught everything that stood out to me...if there are more pages, I don't see them..

I would love to help more....just tell me how!

Hey, Sulky, thanks for squeezing me in on there, I appreciate it!! Really!! I hope I just did some work to deserve it!!

Sulky, if there are graphics that my computer is too stupid to download properly, you can email em to me and I'll get right on 'em!!

Sulky, brilliant work, really!! You could freelance for some concert money!

:D :D :D Don't hate me!!! :D :D :D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Misha

Post by Misha »

Oh, crap, forgot the other page, it was on the other side of my desk....Sulky, get a drink...

The members page...

I went though each and every name to check for errors (cause I'm an obsessive freak) and this is what I got:
InnocentMan No space, and both words have caps
horsemad! No space
smallfaces1 No space between faces and 1---it looks like it on my copy
Gilbert Is capped

Photo credits:

Matt Groening Groening was misspelled

Someone else posted this, but it needs to be "its components" no apostrophe.

Since you are putting in EC's real name, didn't he make it Declan Patrick Aloysius MacManus?----He changed his name before releasing KOA, it is there as I just wrote it....I don't care if you put it in, but I thought you were trying to use his full legal name, which includes Aloysius...the dork!

Ok, I'm done now...I promise...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Putting Rope and Pip's comments on the same page is a touch of genius.
Well done sulky.
Where's North from 'ere?
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

God, I love it!! That's what will make this little "gift" special, the open door input of all of you here.

Have addressed tha majority of the "boo-boos" you all pointed out, with the following exceptions:

Rope's dedication was heavily edited, so, I gave him the option of a re-format. He chose the "extract" term, and I'm trying to stick as closely as possible to the 'Dedications' as submitted. These are from the heart, and I don't want to mess with the writers' meanings, regardless of anyone's grammatical corrections...these are heartfelt words for Mr. Costello, and I want to interfere as little as possible.

Same w/ Otis' piece, and 'so lacklustre' s' poem.

As to the term "Motown Sound"....how old are you?? It's a term like "Wall of Sound", it's an entity all of its own, and deserves the capitalization 'rope' awards it.

There is no extra space in 'Smallfaces1', although there appears to be, just a "kerning' issue w/ the text editor in my graphics program. As for adding E.C.'s middle name, may find space for that later (10 pages don't print well, 12 do...have some film to pick up tomorrow, then will be able to move some of the more 'crowded' text around....stay tuned!!), but I figured we had pretty much taken care of the legalities, despite the limited space. Could go with 'Declan P. A. MacManus', but thought that 'Declan Patrick MacManus' looked better.

Anyway, keep it coming, kids!! Couldn't ask for a better editorial staff.

8)
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

stormwarning wrote:Putting Rope and Pip's comments on the same page is a touch of genius.
Well done sulky.
Accident of spacial consumption, storm, but it did 'mesh' well. I DO have a sense of dark humour, you know.

Special thanks to my last group of editors:

Misha
verbal gymnastics
PlaythingOrPet
Veronica

...and, if I missed you, my apologies!!

I think this is going to be a great (and professional looking) package!!
Misha

Post by Misha »

Great Job Sulky!!

I'm 36, and do know it was referred to as the Motown Sound, but just making sure that was what was intended...

:wink:

You are freakin brilliant with the graphics!!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

sulky, it's gorgeous.

any chance for a peek at the other pages? really wanna see the tickets page.

and i'm very bummed that i couldn't get hold of a digital camera to send you a picture of my early 80's backstage pass. i wanted to contribute SOMETHING!

oh well. i'll just have to keep being the silly kid and make you giggle or something.

thank you sulky. smashingly fine work!
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

Actually, the "memberlist" and credits pages use the stubs as a backdrop, but, due the the overflow of color, had to turn them into "negatives" for these sections. The CD Label itself will have the stubs in their full, blazing glory.

Have two more "pages" to go, am waiting for a return on some film, then, will be able to spread out some of the text a little more. Will actually be checking on the film today.

As to the difficulties w/ the "Otis/Dedication" intro, it doesn't want to seem to convert to jpeg without blurring the text, so, while the other graphics are jpegs, this section is currently displayed in a .gif format. Something else I'm trying to remedy.

Thanks for the compliments, all, but I couldn't have done it without your contributions!!

Many thanks...

--sulky
Smallfaces1

credits

Post by Smallfaces1 »

Hi. i don't know if its been covered before! i can't be bothered to search! Do the members that recorded songs only get credited by their user name? i would like my real name on the cd! also, i can't understand why people that didn't record songs would be credited?

this message is not supposed to sound bolshy or rude! it just does. don't hate me!
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

No. will list the musicians in any way you want to be listed, by board name, real name, whatever you please...these credits will be pasted over EC's face above Blue's photos on the rear cover, also (probably) on the CD label itself (not yet posted to the site).

Don't worry, Smallfaces1!!
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

As far as those NOT recording, this is, by & large, a group project. At it's inception, I asked Blue for permission to create the graphics, and asked for input from board members, so as to give those who aren't musically inclined a means of getting involved in the project. The musicians will get their due, not to worry!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

sulkygirl wrote:At it's inception
Sulky
Still having trouble with those rogue apostrophes?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
sulkygirl wrote:At it's inception
Sulky
Still having trouble with those rogue apostrophes?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
More like having trouble with those rogue Budweisers....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: