Dylan, Elvis , Rochester, New York , Oct. 9 '07

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Dylan, Elvis , Rochester, New York , Oct. 9 '07

Post by johnfoyle »

so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm predicting King Horse on the setlist.
signed with love and vicious kisses
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://astranger-rose.livejournal.com/89964.html

(extract)

The second act was a solo Elvis Costello. Ok, why have I never bought any of his records? The mans voice is killer and he has such a cool range. Sometimes he would be singing kind of down low and then his voice would just reach up and hit this wonderful clear high note and I was just like swoon. He's also wicked funny, I don't remember any of the exact quotes but he had me in a fit of giggles numerous times. He had four acoustic guitars with him and what appeared to be a stand with a song book. It was cool because he just seemed to be randomly picking which songs he wanted to play. He played "Veronica", "Allison (My Aim For You Is True" and "Peace, Love and Understanding". "Allison" was really beautiful, I'm glad I got to hear him play it. He also did this really cool rendition of Van Morrison's "Jackie Wilson Said" where he had us all clap and sing along. It's one of my favorite songs by Van because it's so happy and danceable so that was definitely a highlight of his set. I definitely need to pick up one if not all of his albums.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/app ... -1/COLUMNS

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
October 10, 2007

(extract)

Costello energetically bounded onstage, riffing as energetically as Pete Townshend to "(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes." It was a familiar-looking Costello, in his black suit, scruffy beard and black X-ray designer specs. The battered acoustic guitar fit him well, as this was also solo Costello, just the troubadour and his songs, as opposed to different incarnations over the years.

Animated and wryly amusing, Costello pulled out plenty of old faves like "Veronica," his voice soaring to the final notes, as well as "Alison," "Radio, Radio" and Nick Lowe's "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding."

But a newer piece early on energized this crowd, the title track from his collaboration with Allen Toussaint, The River in Reverse. "Wake me up! Wake me up with a slap or a kiss!" Costello demanded, getting the crowd into a call-and-response to this lament over government inaction after Hurricane Katrina destroyed New Orleans.

Then, in a wonderful tribute to John Lennon, Costello folded Lennon's "I Don't Want to Be a Soldier" into "The River in Reverse," aiming the song straight at the heart of George Bush's invasion of Iraq with the angry challenge that he didn't want to fight "in the name of gasoline."

Lennon, who would have been 67 on Tuesday, would surely have stood and cheered like the rest of us.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

It's on Dime!
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=165945

Setlist:
Elvis Costello - Opening Set
The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes
High Fidelity
Veronica
River in Reverse
Down Among The Wines & Spirits
Crooked Line
Sulphur to Sugar Cane
Alison >
In Another Room
Radio Sweetheart > Jackie Wilson Said
(Whats So Funny 'bout) Peace Love & Understanding?
The Scarlet Tide
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

Crooked Line ? is the another new song? or is it the Loretta Lynn collaboration?
...I want him to hurt...
migdd

Post by migdd »

Is Crooked Line a new song or a cover?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Crooked Line?
signed with love and vicious kisses
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Thanks!
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

Yes, many thanks.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
ITryToBeAmused

Funnie Elvis

Post by ITryToBeAmused »

wow, almost my 30 year anniversary of hearing and seeing Declan/ Elvis... woo Hoo, he was so funny OMG does anyone have a tape or a better memory than I,( and I feel Like Veronica ) of those great: one -liners , with the -guitar- rim -shots- in- the middle-- of the set ?? I was laughing so hard, my surgery huirt !! LOL
Radio Sweetheart :roll: JacKie wILSON vAN ??? oH MY... ANYBODY being naughty ? and taping ? xxx :?: :shock: ... so glad you made it[/b]
Its a sound salvation...
ITryToBeAmused

Post by ITryToBeAmused »

Jeff Spevak, Great Review from the Democrat and Chronicle
Its a sound salvation...