Spice Girls film (featuring Elvis very briefly ) getting 20th anniversary screening, Sept. 2017

Pretty self-explanatory
American Without Tears

Spice Girls film (featuring Elvis very briefly ) getting 20th anniversary screening, Sept. 2017

Post by American Without Tears »

Has Elv ever said why he appeared in Spiceworld: The Movie?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

From recollection wasn't it to do with everybody slagging off the Spice Girls and he defended them saying it was just pop music?

By the way, I would change the title of this thread to Spice Girls - why?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm sure they paid him a lot of money.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

verbal gymnastics wrote:... to do with everybody slagging off the Spice Girls ...
Specifically, the old timers at the Ivor Novello awards (if I remember correctly).
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
verbal gymnastics

That sounds right - you have a good memory. Thanks Ready.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

American Without Tears wrote:Has Elv ever said why he appeared in Spiceworld: The Movie?
It's like Elvis and a banana - why does Elvis, so soon after he is placed in an environment with a banana, eat the banana? Simply because he can?? Is it an automated neorological response, or what? Is it... craaaziness perhaps...?

Who knows.

Wouldn't saying 'why' he hung out with several young attractive women who also happen to be in the music business be, well, kind of redundant?
DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

I can understand your logic of EC wanting to be around "young attractive women."
But how does that relate to the Spice Girls? :lol:
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
verbal gymnastics

:lol:
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I went to see SpiceWorld in the cinema. Oh yes. And the Spicies aren't even in EC's scene.
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
verbal gymnastics

Did you go for any other reason other than your Elvis devotion? :lol:
Man out of Time

Re: Spice Girls' film - why?

Post by Man out of Time »

Just to note that this movie will be back in cinemas in the UK on 29 September, which is nominally the 20th anniversary of its initial release:

Emma Kelly, writing in The Metro on 3 August said this:

" This is not a drill – Spice World is returning to cinemas for its 20th anniversary

Hold onto your knickers girls (and boys) – your Thursday is about to get a whole lot better.

We all remember Spice World The Movie. The 1997 movie, starring the Spice Girls and, inexplicably, Meat Loaf and Sir Roger Moore, is a cinematic classic, and is perhaps unfairly not ever listed in alongside Citizen Kane and The Shawshank Redemption as one of the greatest movies of our time.

And with scenes including a boot camp with Michael Barrymore and Geri Halliwell greeting aliens while going for a wee in the woods, we find that appalling.

But Spice World is finally getting the recognition it deserves, as for its 20th anniversary (yes, it was released 20 years ago), Spice World is returning to cinemas.

Best. News. Ever.

A Spice Girls fan page has organised a string of screenings across the UK on September 29 to mark two decades since the film’s release.

Tickets start at just £5 to see Emma, Victoria, Mel B, Mel C and Geri fight a tabloid journalist played by Richard O’Brien to keep their pop career and, more importantly, their friendship alive on the big screen.

The Spice Girls News fan page wrote: ‘Our very special announcement is that we have organised for a 20th anniversary screening of Spice World The Movie to be shown at a cinema near you on FRIDAY 29th SEPTEMBER 2017. At the moment this is just for cinemas in the UK but we are hoping to organise something for fans across the world soon.’

The screenings are at various Odeons and Vue cinemas across the UK, so you’re sure to find a place close to you.
For those of you who haven’t seen the masterpiece, where have you been?

The film follows the girls as they prepare for a huge concert at the Royal Albert Hall while touring with their long-suffering manager, played by Richard E. Grant.

And for some reason, this plot also involves a friend going into labour, a bomb on a bus, an alien invasion and Posh Spice nearly drowning.
Yet Titanic won the Best Picture Oscar the following year. There’s no justice in the world."

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

Re: Spice Girls film — why?

Definitely Best. News. Ever. :lol:
johnfoyle

Re: Spice Girls film — why?

Post by johnfoyle »

I can't remember where I nicked this photo from -