Fact or Crap?

Pretty self-explanatory
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I think I remember reading that Elvis still drinks wine, but no other forms of alcohol.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

PlaythingOrPet wrote: I assume SweetP is talking about EC's involvement with the tribute to Linda Mc at the Royal Festival Hall a few years ago? It was probably Macca who suggested the vegetable whore route.
you assumed right. :)
I'm not angry anymore....
girl out of time

asado for elvis

Post by girl out of time »

let him taste some real argentinian asado (roasted meat) and he´ll never be a vegie again.........
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

so lacklustre wrote:vogue - He may not drink anymore, I don't know, but it made him what he is and it is very hard to get rid of.
that is sooo true lacklustre!

and, I think we all know that Guinness is the breakfast of champions; the oatmeal of kings! I would think that, in connection with lacklustre & verbal's input, it would make complete sense that the man would have the occasional pint. :)

If I weren't off to work in a few minutes I'd have one mysel right now...although a $500 bottle of wine would be nice too! :roll:

Interestng thread!
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Mmmm... "Guinness Is Good For You". Who am I to argue with that?!

I think he still eats fish because he's been seen a few times at our Yo! Sushi, one time with Alexi Sayle (sp?) (if anyone is down that way, the best Yo! Sushi is in Paddington train station). Didn't Bruce T write about his over-indulgence of it?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Indeed I always feel better after a few pints of Guinness so it must be true. I'm not too keen on canned Guinness though and so I'm sitting here getting sloshed on Shtrongbow.

By the way the love of my life is a fish eating vegetarian (piscatarian? :) ) and she is in the 20 stone bracket (mainly due to my bad influence in insisting that we eat out several times a week).
signed with love and vicious kisses
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Elvis seemed to settle the matter of whether he eats fish when he revealed on A&E Live By Request that his favorite pizza is anchovy and avocado.

I don't consider fish-eaters to be vegetarians, but I realize some do...
Misha

Post by Misha »

Y No Mesa de Cafe,

I'm pretty sure he was kidding there, as he was laughing and said he didn't say he would eat it....

Ok, two more fact or crap:

1. Is he a smoker? I thought he used to be..might have bad memory.

2. God..where does he stand on this,,,,I have songs like Dust and God Give Me Strength competing....I know that Diana says God Bless after each concert, wondering if they are waxing philosophical over the god/God issue...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
lipstickvogue

Post by lipstickvogue »

Hey Laclustre (or anyone) could you please clearify for the dumb American (that would be me :) )how much a stone weighs? I have always wondered when I've come accross a reference to this...
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

A stone = 14lbs
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

If Guiness is so good for you (as that Toucan insists on telling us)...then how come every time I drink it my legs don't work very well... :?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

You can't handle your drink son.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Misha wrote:.He doesn't strike me as the AA type....
What about...13 steps lead down?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:What about...13 steps lead down?
That's about some sort of Fascist monument in Spain. Oh, I'm the Queen of Specificity. Will someone else please fill in the details?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Miss BA..I had otherwise read that it refers to the 13th Step....some refference to a 12 step program! who knows......
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

read somewhere that it's about both, I'll have to look for that interview
Miss BA, what you mean is El Escorial
http://www.travelinginspain.com/el_escorial.html
que no panda el cunico
bambooneedle

13 Steps Lead Down

Post by bambooneedle »

You're both right. These are excerpts from a 1994 interview in Musician Magazine:

"I suppose some people will think I'm being deliberately provocative because a lot of people get a lot of help from those 12-step plans. But the truth is that the way down has to be one more step. Whether you believe 12 steps will help you back up, 13 steps are definitely the way down."

"I wrote "13 Steps Lead Down" in Spain. I went to see where Franco is buried. It's a big tunnel under a mountain. It's such a sick mausoleum because 100,000 people are buried in this tunnel from either side of the civil ware, and he's buried at the center with a sort of alter. It's a retrospective gesture of reconciliation, avoiding the fact that if not for him they wouldn't all have been dead. It was guarded by these futuristic, literally distorted angels, these fascistic gods. "

"Nearby is the palace where all the Spanish kings are buried. Whereas the awful imagery of Franco's tomb is so unsubtle and so typical of fascists, at least the despots of the past really knew how to do it. You go down these green marble stairs and there they are, all in beautiful gilded coffins with death masks. And it's 13 steps. Of course it would be, to be ominous."
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

yes, that's the interview!
some more on El valle de los caídos
http://www.ctv.es/USERS/fnff/valle.htm
que no panda el cunico
girl out of time

Post by girl out of time »

i think it´s important to understand that El Escorial is a historical monument which was built by order of King Felipe II( 1527-1598), son of Carlos V, and it has nothing to do with fascists......the place E.C makes reference to is located in this building and it´s an awesome spooky place cause many important kings are buried in there......and it takes 13 steps to get down there.........
.......valle de los caidos was built as a monument remembering the deaths that the civil war took (1936)........Franco is buried in there as well as hundreds of unknown soldiers.......
...the promise of indulgence in my confidential voice approached inmortal danger but you´ll never know how close....
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

BlueChair wrote:I think I remember reading that Elvis still drinks wine, but no other forms of alcohol.
That's like saying "I only do a certain grade of heroin".

BTW - Cows are Vegans too, aren't they? And pigs if I'm not mistaken.

The thing I want to know is, why is E a Vegamite? Is it for animalitarian reasons? If so, why does he so often wear leather boots and jackets? Unless that's some man made fabric I can't pick out from the balcony.