EC on A&E? & Inve$tment Poll

Pretty self-explanatory

What will be your inve$tment?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:29 am

I am only buying one bloody copy.
81%
I will buy all 4 (?) of the various versions of North to insure that I have all songs/versions/videos (excluding, of course, title song) at least until Japanese CD singles come out.
6%
I am talking it over with my banker to see how much of North I can afford at this time.
13%

Total votes: 16

lipstickvogue

EC on A&E? & Inve$tment Poll

Post by lipstickvogue »

Okay, this is a semi-useless post, true. A friend of mine called my cell tonight to assure me that he had taped Letterman and that he would tape the EC on A&E thing this week as well. Does anyone know what this is? I wanted to give a heads up. I can't call my buddy tonight (as he is a more respectable member of society than I and sleeps at night). If nobody seems to know what/when this is when I DO get in touch with him I will post it here for you guys. I would check listings for both Thursday and Friday night. (It wouldn't be a broadcast of Soundstage, would it?!?)
it's always another day after twelve o'clock's struck
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

As far as I know, and I'm in the uk so whaddoIknowaboutUStellyvisshun, EC appeared on the Letterman show and did his spiel about North, and is appearing on this A&E channel playing songs that have been requested by means of email...we all requested a song, so I'm sure he will be able to choose any set he wants.

I really wanna see the A&E thing though, maybe it'll work it's way across the atlantic somehow. (yeah right)
Pov

Post by Pov »

Only one copy of North for me!

I'll be recording the A&E show tonite. Since I have 2 VCR's I can make two tapes and ship a copy to one of you Brits if you all want to share it or something. Only thing is I seem to remember that your VCR's may be designed for a different format than ours.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The Japanese version will probably be a $50 import in the shop, and I already know I'm getting the one with the DVD... so that's fine with me.
migdd

Post by migdd »

My understanding is that the "Live By Request" segment was taped with the Imposters. At 2 hours, this might be the longest running time EC has performed on American TV with a band backing him up. I've never seen this program and wonder how much time will allotted for be live music and how much will be commentary or filler.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Isn't it an hour for the performance and an hour for adverts?!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Yep, Plaything, you've obviously got a pretty good understanding of American commercial television!
Pov

Post by Pov »

migdd wrote:My understanding is that the "Live By Request" segment was taped with the Imposters. At 2 hours, this might be the longest running time EC has performed on American TV with a band backing him up. I've never seen this program and wonder how much time will allotted for be live music and how much will be commentary or filler.
AFAIK, it hasn't been "taped" yet. It is airing live (hence the title "LIVE" by Request :)) I've never seen the show either.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Seeing as I'm not on any medication to stop me, I'll probably buy all stupid copies of North....what is the word? Completist...idiot?

A & E is a lot like having Elvis in a room and saying, ok, now play this one, and he does...then you enjoy and then you go, ok, now play this one, and he does....

I'm sure they go over the set list of requests first, so they don't thow out something like Alison six times in a row.

I don't remember if they talk alot...like Storytellers...it's been awhile since I have seen one...I can tell you more tomorrow. ... :lol:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Pov wrote:Since I have 2 VCR's I can make two tapes and ship a copy to one of you Brits if you all want to share it or something. Only thing is I seem to remember that your VCR's may be designed for a different format than ours.
The two VCR thing won't even be necessary, since A&E will repeat the show. In fact, two hours after it ends, it'll be repeated, and then again Sunday morning at 10.

That doesn't solve the NTSC (US standard) to PAL (UK & Euro standard) problem though.
misha wrote:A & E is a lot like having Elvis in a room and saying, ok, now play this one, and he does...then you enjoy and then you go, ok, now play this one, and he does....
Or, it's like being in a room with Elvis, and no matter how many times and how sweetly you ask for "Black Sails in the Sunset," the guy next to you and the woman two seats over on the other side and the three people standing by the door who keep calling out for "Alison" get what they want and you don't.

I'm hoping for "Tiny Steps," "King Horse/Backstabbers," and "I Want You" (wouldn't that be spooky with the camera in close!), but I know better than to have expectations other than that he'll do a wonderful show.
Last edited by HungupStrungup on Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

One of us should capture it on the computer as mpeg files or something :D
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Ooooo, good idear, BC. Would that I had the technical skills, or cable, or both...

And to review, I asked Elvis to do a cover of STARDUST. A veeeery long shot, but what the hey.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

What the hey meaning, purely brillient selfmade!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

LT, does my mom pay you to be so nice to me? Oh wait, she's not that thoughtful...

And how do you and your gal feel about living on a back porch?

8)
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I asked if she was down with that, and she said "not really, but I went on a whale watch in Boston once, and that was a lot of fun."

So... :(

But Jody would really like the part about doing a road hog i bet.

8)

Oh well SMM....hey, maybe we could get a bigger place!
I'll hava a bachelor of arts in communication studies in december.
Does that do anything? I know, I know... :(
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

There's another message board I lurk on and they're always circulation audio and media files. You can download an episode of the goodies, it you like. None of us are that bright, I guess, or just don't have the bandwith.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu