Elvis Rocks The US May 2007

Pretty self-explanatory
migdd

Post by migdd »

Usually, when Elvis and the Imposters play Atlanta without any special guests, they play the Tabernacle - much better venue than Chastain and much more involved crowd. I've seen EC with Allen and Emmylou at Chastain the past two summers and the audience is just downright embarassing in their lack of respect to what is happening onstage.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

And where are those southeastern dates? If you do the Trifecta (Nashvegas, Knoxangeles and that place in NC) again, Elvis, I'll be there* for them all.

*in spirit, anyway. in lots of spirits.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
shendley

Post by shendley »

migdd wrote:Usually, when Elvis and the Imposters play Atlanta without any special guests, they play the Tabernacle - much better venue than Chastain and much more involved crowd. I've seen EC with Allen and Emmylou at Chastain the past two summers and the audience is just downright embarassing in their lack of respect to what is happening onstage.
Yeah, I've heard that too. Would love to see him there instead of Chastain. With Allen Toussaint, the crowd up front (where you could tell most people just came because they had season tickets and wanted to pass a nice summer night chatting each other up with some good music in the background) was really obnoxious most of the time. Still, I'd take Chastain over nothing at all!
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

the shows are 21 up!, im only 20. this is a bummer. think i can still get in? or will they card me? im thinkin about going to the Electric Factory show.
funstan

Post by funstan »

shendley wrote:
migdd wrote:Usually, when Elvis and the Imposters play Atlanta without any special guests, they play the Tabernacle - much better venue than Chastain and much more involved crowd. I've seen EC with Allen and Emmylou at Chastain the past two summers and the audience is just downright embarassing in their lack of respect to what is happening onstage.
Yeah, I've heard that too. Would love to see him there instead of Chastain. With Allen Toussaint, the crowd up front (where you could tell most people just came because they had season tickets and wanted to pass a nice summer night chatting each other up with some good music in the background) was really obnoxious most of the time. Still, I'd take Chastain over nothing at all!
My seats for Chastain were at the front table. I was oblivious to the crowd which I hear totally sucks ass.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

It looks like Ticketmaster changed the dates on the "non VIP Visa" tickets. The SF show tickets go on sale Monday (April 2) rather than April 7. Check Ticketmaster for possible changes for your city.
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

Yes, do that. I wasn't aware of the sale dates having been changed, but a few minutes ago I checked tickets.com on a whim, and 9:30 Club tickets were available. I bought a pair on the spot. hooooray!
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn