Requests

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
eduardopaulo

Requests

Post by eduardopaulo »

Hey everybody. I hope I'm posting this on the right place, and if so, I hope you're willing to help a relatively new EC fan. If I'm making a mistake by posting this here, please ignore me or give me a warning and this won't happen again.

My name is Eduardo and I'm from Brazil.

See, I've been a fan for over a year now, and I'm in love with his entire discography. I don't participate on the discussions here because you guys know a lot more about the man, and I'd rather read and learn than talk about stuff I am not sure of.
I've been making myself a compilation of the best tracks off of his bootlegs, and some of them I lost/can't find. I would really like to know if you guys can help me with the following:

[EDIT]: I've removed the tracks that I got from the links provided so far. Thanks docinwestchester and Azmuda for the contributions!

- Live, decent soundboard/FM broadcast or any VERY good quality versions of the following songs: "Party Girl", "Blue Chair", "Crimes Of Paris", "Kinder Murder", "Still Too Soon To Know", "You Tripped At Every Step", "Sulky Girl", "Possession", "King Horse", "Temptation", "The Comedians", "You Little Fool", "Brilliant Mistake", "Lovable", "Harpie's Bizarre", "The Spell That You Cast", "Stations Of The Cross", "I Lost You", "A Voice In The Dark", "The Element Within Her", "This Town", "Either Side Of The Same Town", "All These Things", "Nearer To You", "Hand In Hand", "Pretty Words", and finally "New Lace Sleeves". The more recent, the better, and preferrably NOT from the "Brutal Youth" tour, or the 1983 tour with the TKO Horns, as I think the bootlegs from these tours lack that "oomph" you'd expect from a live performance. Also, I am a bigger fan of the Imposters' versions than I am of the Attractions (PLEASE don't kill me).

That's it. I'd be very happy if you kind souls could help me :)
Last edited by eduardopaulo on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azmuda

Re: Requests

Post by Azmuda »

eduardopaulo wrote: ...live, decent soundboard/FM broadcast or VERY good quality versions of the following songs: "Party Girl", "Blue Chair", "Crimes Of Paris", "Kinder Murder", "Still Too Soon To Know", "You Tripped At Every Step", "Sulky Girl", "Possession", "King Horse", "Temptation", "The Comedians", "You Little Fool", "Brilliant Mistake", "Lovable", "Suit Of Lights", "The Other Side Of Summer", "Harpie's Bizarre", "How To Be Dumb", "Couldn't Call It Unexpected #4", "Playboy To A Man", "Sweet Pear", "The Spell That You Cast", "Stations Of The Cross", "I Lost You", "A Voice In The Dark", "The Element Within Her", "This Town", "Either Side Of The Same Town", "All These Things", "Nearer To You", "Hand In Hand", "Watch Your Step", "Pretty Words", and finally "New Lace Sleeves". ...
Decent versions of "Suit Of Lights," "Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 4," "The Other Side Of Summer," "How To Be Dumb," and "Playboy To A Man"
can be found on the 1991 tour rehearsal roio:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3vm68mzsjs16o
(that's a Mediafire link, so watch out for pops-ups (make sure your virus protection is up-to-date).)

eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

Wow, thanks a lot Azmuda! There are some great versions in there; the band is tight and Elvis's voice sounds good.

If anyone else could help me with the other songs, that would be great :)
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

The EC fans wiki is the first place I would look. Over 200 shows here:

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... udio_files

Then there are many other blog sites that have links to ROIO. Such as this

http://theultimatebootlegexperience7.bl ... 20Costello

Just search the web.

Now speaking of requests, any sign of the UK Revolver shows anywhere ?... Sulky ?
eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

The Imposter, thank you very much for the links, but I have searched both these places and I couldn't find the things I was looking for. I remember downloading a long time ago the show with the version of "High Fidelity" I mentioned, but now it's gone; the audio rips of "A Case For Song" only feature the DVD tracks; and I've yet to find a "Live By Request" bootleg. Furthermore, until Azmuda posted the link to that tour rehearsal recording, I couldn't find any versions of the songs I named in the fourth item of my list. I have sincerely thoroughly searched various bootlegging forums and sites for these, but didn't find them. You guys are my last hope - and believe me, it took me a while to open a thread here because I didn't want to bother anyone or break the rules.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

In reply to the Imposter, the first 6 shows are track marked and ready to up but I'm having avfew broadband/ISP problems which are taking a while to resolve. I had a panic yesterday when the wave pattern for Sheffield looked like a blank recording but the sound is there, I shall attempt spitting that into tracks this week. I'm also hoping to receive both Derry and Edinburgh shortly and will post these on dime with the recordist's permission. The shows I have are Birmingham, Cardiff, Bristol, RAH x3, Sheffield, Liverpool, Gateshead, Blackpool and Derry !
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Welcome Eduardo.

Feel free to join in with posting - don't be shy. It's always good to hear other people's perspectives whether you're a new fan or an old one.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

Thanks, verbal gymnastics! I don't think I have anything relevant or new to bring to the forum as of yet; I'm still trying to take in as much as I can, so I can process everything and maybe make some contributions in the future. I'm still at that stage in which I just sit down and feel every note and every word in EC's music. The only thing I *think* I could say now is that my favourite albums are Painted From Memory, All This Useless Beauty, National Ransom, This Year's Model, and Imperial Bedroom, although I can also say for sure that I love his discography as a whole.

---

Regarding my original thread, if there's still people coming here and reading my requests, please try and find the tracks I've mentioned! It's very important to me and it'd make me very happy :)
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Eduardo:

Here's the radio broadcast from 2005-06-26, including High Fidelity (track 06). I only have a total of 10 songs, but that may have been all that was broadcast:

http://www.mediafire.com/?j8jdhuk1b9has

I've got "A Case For Song" and "Live By Request" on video. When I have time, I'll rip the audio for you.
eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

Hey docinwestchester, THANK YOU. Being able to listen to that version of "High Fidelity" again made my night... And obviously thanks for taking the time to rip "Live By Request" and "A Case For Song" as well. You have no idea how happy this makes me. I hope I can return the favor to you guys soon.
docinwestchester

Here are the 2 songs from A Case For Song. There is some static type noise at the beginning and end of WTD:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/josycjo ... _VHS_audio
eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

docinwestchester wrote:Here are the 2 songs from A Case For Song. There is some static type noise at the beginning and end of WTD:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/josycjo ... _VHS_audio
Again, thanks a lot, mate! :D
docinwestchester

eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

Merci beaucoup, Doc! :D
docinwestchester

I'm a big fan of this version of Stations Of The Cross. I love the musical arrangement and EC's voice is in fine form:

https://vimeo.com/57996294
EC and The Roots featuring John McLaughlin

Here's the audio:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/02d5ku5 ... _Roots.mp3

There is some faint background static noise, but overall it still sounds great!
eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

WOW, this is indeed a great take and his voice is very good... Probably took a break from touring before recording this performance. Gotta love EC's badass expression in the end, haha. This only makes me even more pumped up for "Wise Up Ghost"!
eduardopaulo

Post by eduardopaulo »

Hey everybody, I'm just passing by to remind you I'm still looking for the songs listed above, so if you guys could help me a little bit more I'd be very grateful! Thanks :)
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Hi,
has anyone got the mp3 files of the songs from Spectacle 2 episodes ?
Thanks in advance
iP
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed