Doom & Gloom From the Tomb wrote:Elvis Costello resurrected his Spinning Songbook concert format a few years back, but it’s unlikely he ever topped this rollicking extravaganza from the original go-round. Recorded at LA’s Wiltern Theater on October 4, 1986, this rough-n-ready audience tape features Elvis and the Attractions joined by X’s John Doe, The Bangles, Lou Reed (well, sort of), and Tom Waits in full carnival barker mode. Hijinks ensue! Prince doesn’t show up, but he is paid royal tribute to with a ferocious version of the then quite new “Pop Life.” I’d love to hear a clearer version of the Attractions’ arrangement of this classic! Help a dude out. All in all, it’s a corker of a show, a musical three ring circus if ever there was one. Thanks to Jeremy for providing it!
01. Tokyo Storm Warning
02. (I Don’t Want To Go To) Chelsea
03. Mystery Dance
04. Watch Your Step
06. Miracle Man
07. Strict Time
08. Wild Thing - with John Doe
09. Yes It Is - with The Bangles
10. If She Knew What She Wants - with The Bangles
11. Next Time ‘Round - with The Bangles
12. You Belong To Me
13. Motel Matches
14. Pop Life
16. Accidents Will Happen
18. Less Than Zero
19. I Forgot More Than You’ll Ever Know - with Tom Waits
20. Everyday I Write The Book
21. Pump It Up - including Ain’t That A Lot Of Love
Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Never thought I would see The Bangles and Tom Waits at the same venue. Crazy.
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests