El Mocambo Original Vinyl Needed

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
mafru2

El Mocambo Original Vinyl Needed

Post by mafru2 »

Hi all - Looking for a guaranteed authentic copy of the LP in at least VG+ condition with a sleeve in likewise nice condition.

I'm a regular trader on eBay for many years (me-king-of-stuff).

Send a PM or email (mark_frumento@yahoo.com) if you have El Mocambo. Obviously I'll want photos and hopefully some sort of seller reference for you... and your asking price.

It's a long shot but... if someone wants to raise some cash and has the Nick Lowe El Mocambo EP I'm buying!!

- Mark
bambooneedle

Re: El Mocambo Original Vinyl Needed

Post by bambooneedle »

It's a long shot but... if someone wants to raise some cash and has the Nick Lowe El Mocambo EP I'm buying!!
Yes I have it, autographed by Elvis and Nick Lowe, but unless you're ready to part with way more than $1000 i don't expect you to make a tempting-enough offer.
mafru2

Post by mafru2 »

Let me see if I can sell my Ford Focus. :)

Actually, I'd prefer one not signed to be honest. It went for just under $300 on eBay a few months ago.

Not sure what Elvis' El Mocambo goes for these days but I assume its around the same.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Haha you fell for it.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

mafru2 wrote:Hi all - Looking for a guaranteed authentic copy of the LP in at least VG+ condition with a sleeve in likewise nice condition.

I'm a regular trader on eBay for many years (me-king-of-stuff).

Send a PM or email (mark_frumento@yahoo.com) if you have El Mocambo. Obviously I'll want photos and hopefully some sort of seller reference for you... and your asking price.

- Mark

may i ask? how do we VERIFY its authenticity. i have it the damn near 35 years but, never knew for certain if i got the real deal. was it bootlegged that early on or a little later? tell what to look for please...cheers, ba
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

Hope you find both.

I know my EC elMocambo would love to have it's NL companion.
Attachments
Z Collection TYM.JPG
Z Collection TYM.JPG (157.13 KiB) Viewed 20894 times
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... y_1978#B06

Only 300 (possibly 500) copies pressed. This album was heavily bootlegged and here's what Beyond Belief has to say about the differences between an original and a counterfeit copy:

"Starting with the album cover, an original will have a thick cardboard jacket with a grey (not white) inside. The spine of the jacket will be squared off (not tapered or rounded) with the title information printed squarely on the spine. Also the front cover black & white photos will be sharply reproduced (not blured or smudged). The disc itself is of thick vinyl with bands between songs. The label on the disc will be clearly centred on the disc with sharp printing of the song titles. Finally the hand written (not machine) engraving in the dead wax will be as follows:

CDN-10-A-1A-2HDKZ (side 1)
CDN-10-B-1A-2HDKZ (side 2)"

(Also, the reviews of the show on the back cover are harder to read on the bootleg version).
jefftune

Post by jefftune »

Just checked my copy. Yeah, it's a boot.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

"Starting with the album cover, an original will have a thick cardboard jacket with a grey (not white) inside. The spine of the jacket will be squared off (not tapered or rounded) with the title information printed squarely on the spine. Also the front cover black & white photos will be sharply reproduced (not blured or smudged). The disc itself is of thick vinyl with bands between songs. The label on the disc will be clearly centred on the disc with sharp printing of the song titles. Finally the hand written (not machine) engraving in the dead wax will be as follows:

CDN-10-A-1A-2HDKZ (side 1)
CDN-10-B-1A-2HDKZ (side 2)"
My copy fits for all the original features except for the sleeve is white inside. The hand written serial numbers are all present and correct. Do I have an original, do you think?

PS I'm not prepared to sell!!
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

There was only 500 pressed so if it is not exactly as described it's not an original.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

i have a sealed copy which is diiferent to my bootleg but not wanting to open it . The big difference on the sealed copy is the spine is white where on my bootleg its yellow.

Any suggestions/ideas, do i have a gem here?
watercamp

Post by watercamp »

The original were not sealed, the spine is yellow.