EC Tulsa, OK November 9, 1987

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
martinfoyle

EC Tulsa, OK November 9, 1987

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=148955
Elvis Costello with the Confederates
Cain's Ballroom
Tulsa, OK
November 9, 1987

In November '87 EC played a short, five city tour of the southern states with the Confederates. To correct the info in my Nashville torrent, my friend only taped the Tulsa show and tells me there is a third version of that show; therefore, my versions of Nashville and Austin are the only known versions. To my knowledge, no recordings of Atlanta and New Orleans have ever surfaced. This Tulsa show may have been uplaoded in some form before, but not from a master. This upload is from my master.

These shows are unique and great. Nick Lowe opened the shows then joined the Confederates on rhythm guitar and backing vocals for the rest of the show. Lots of King of America material, some cool covers and some pre-Spike Spike songs. The sound of these shows are excellent. Nashville, which I uploaded yesterday, is the better, longer show, but the sound of the Tulsa show is fantastic. Perhaps the best sounding show I ever recorded on cassette. Austin, which is still on cassette at this point, will follow...someday.

There are no issues with the Tulsa show. All songs complete. All tape flips have been repaired.

Sony Mic>Sony WM-D6T>Protools (for level adjustment, eq, compression, track separation)>Flac

Taped and Mastered by JB. Please don't sell or convert to lossy format.

Set list:

CD 1 Set 1 (73:12)

01. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
02. That's How You Got Killed Before
03. Honey, Are You Straight Or Are You Blind?
04. It Tears Me Up
05. Let Him Dangle
06. Mystery Dance
07. I'll Wear It Proudly
08. The Big Light
09. Poisoned Rose
10. Uncomplicated
11. Green Shirt (EC solo)
12. Heathen Town / Fire / Fight For Your Right (EC solo)
13. Radio Sweetheart / Jackie Wilson Said (EC solo)
14. Alison (EC solo)
15. Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down
16. Lovable

CD 2 (35:13)

Encore 1

01. Everyday I Write The Book (EC solo)
02. I Want You (EC solo)
03. Pump It Up / Sign 'O' The Times / Too Much Monkey Business / Revolution (EC solo with beatbox)

Encore 2

04. Your Mind Is On Vacation / Your Funeral My Trial
05. That's How You Got Killed Before
06. That Day Is Done