EC & The Brodskys NYC Town Hall - 18th March 1993 (SBD)

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
martinfoyle

EC & The Brodskys NYC Town Hall - 18th March 1993 (SBD)

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=84150
Elvis Costello & Brodsky Quartet
Live at NYC Town Hall, 18th March 1993
Soundboard recording

Disc One:

For Other Eyes
Swine
Expert Rites
I Almost Had A Weakness
Why?
Who Do You Think You Are
Taking My Life In Your Hands
This Offer Is Unrepeatable
Deer Sweet Filthy World
The Letter Home
Jackson Monk & Rowe
Sad Burlesque
Romeo's Seance

Disc Two:

I Thought I'd Write To Juliet
Last Post
First To Leave
Damnation
The Birds Will Still Be Singing
King Of The Unknown Sea
More Than Rain *
Almost Blue
God Only Knows *
They Didn't Believe Me *
I Almost Had A Weakness #2 *
Jackson Monk & Rowe
Lost In The Stars

CDR--Nero Rip--FLAC Frontend

*not part of torrent --- "More Than Rain", "God Only Knows" & "They Didn't Believe Me" will be released as part of the "Juliet Letters" Rhino reissue on 21st March 2006 (hopefully!). "Weakness #2" was on the promo CD "Live at Town Hall" in 1993.

NOTES: Engineered and mixed by Kevin Killen. Whole show was recorded maybe for official release but only the four encore tracks have emerged. So thought it would be good to torrent the rest and let people piece together the whole show. Know this period of EC's career is not everyone's cup of tea but enjoy!!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Nice one. Thanks. Always good to know that if I don't get to check Dime, you will for me! (I've started downloading again after a self-imposed ban, which is always a terrifying prospect!)

I like the debate about whether they can torrent the four reissue tracks as they're not offically out yet!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Nice one. Thanks. Always good to know that if I don't get to check Dime, you will for me! (I've started downloading again after a self-imposed ban, which is always a terrifying prospect!)
So, did you manage to create some space on your hard drive, or did you buy an external drive?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

It's perilously close to fullness, and I really must do something about all those photos on there, not to mention a bunch of downloads that haven't yet made it to CD ... No new gizmos, just a determination to do with new downloads what I should have done more of before: get into iTunes and onto CD asap, and once all seeding is complete, delete all files. I really love getting my hands on these gigs. I was playing a Bjork stunner earlier, and today got a nice Ron S solo from the Larmer Tree Festival from somewhere in lovely Wiltshire in '03. I'd never heard of this event, but Van the Man headlined that year, and Ron was on the last day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/entertai ... ival.shtml

Cracking setlist (not that he would be capable of anything else, but like Elbow or Lloyd or of course Elvis, there's such a high level of quality throughout his output that only the purest gems make it to a gig), and a nice recording, especially as I've never seen him solo. Only downside is some annoying posh accents droning on thoughout the fucking songs in excessive proximity to the microphones. I just know that once I get it on headphones, I'll have a huge struggle to stop trying to work out what they're braying about and focus on the almighty Ron. Maybe it will solve a murder mystery... there've been endless variations on the mopbile phone as plot device, what about the downloaded bootleg?
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:I like the debate about whether they can torrent the four reissue tracks as they're not offically out yet!
Peeps may not have noticed, but the missing tracks have been made available elsewhere
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Otis Westinghouse

Ta! May as well make the whole thing complete now regardless of soon to happen official bonus release, which I will be purchasing with hard-earned cash, your honour.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

A Public Service Announcement from Dr. Luther --

If you have downloaded this show (and I highly recommend that you do -- outstanding sound and performance), a couple of quirks to look out for:

Firstly, the source apparently starts mid-song, "For Other Eyes" -- a real shame, as there is no "Deliver Us", as well.

Second, "Dead Letter" is track #104, but is not listed, so it gets confusing at 1st figuring out where you are in the Disc 1 / Disc 2 continuum...

Lastly, "I Thought I'd Write to Juliet" was included twice, and was wrongly inserted between "Last Post" and "The First to Leave" the second time. This can be deleted (#201, I believe) and the running order becomes correct.
(The "proper" "I Thought I'd Write..." is #115...)

Disclaimer -- I'm fairly certain that the above is correct, but double-check before doing anything rash...
Otis Westinghouse

Will do - thanks!
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Otis Westinghouse wrote: ...thanks!
My pleasure -- on this day of already prevalent awesomeness...
Otis Westinghouse

I thought your message was the awesomeness.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

I'm sorry to differ, sir, but YOU are the awesomemost...

(This is beginning to make me ill...)
jonjayharris

Re: EC & The Brodskys NYC Town Hall - 18th March 1993 (SBD)

Post by jonjayharris »

Can you please repost this. I have been looking for this since the night I attended the show and asked for Jackson Monk and Rowe the second time!!!!

Thanks,

Jon
bronxapostle

Re:

Post by bronxapostle »

Dr. Luther wrote:A Public Service Announcement from Dr. Luther --

If you have downloaded this show (and I highly recommend that you do -- outstanding sound and performance), a couple of quirks to look out for:

Firstly, the source apparently starts mid-song, "For Other Eyes" -- a real shame, as there is no "Deliver Us", as well.

Second, "Dead Letter" is track #104, but is not listed, so it gets confusing at 1st figuring out where you are in the Disc 1 / Disc 2 continuum...

Lastly, "I Thought I'd Write to Juliet" was included twice, and was wrongly inserted between "Last Post" and "The First to Leave" the second time. This can be deleted (#201, I believe) and the running order becomes correct.
(The "proper" "I Thought I'd Write..." is #115...)

Disclaimer -- I'm fairly certain that the above is correct, but double-check before doing anything rash...

well, my recording is complete!