From The Management

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

From The Management

Post by DrSpooky »

This topic is for offers to trade or give away EC music and memoabilia. We do not condone illegal activity such as for-profit bootlegging or unauthorized duplication of commercially available recordings.

Improper posts, requests, or offers will be removed by the administration.

Rules for Music:

Music is TRADE ONLY. This site does not condone "for profit" bootlegging or illegal copying of commercial recordings. This is not to turn into an auction site or host for illegal activities.

Copying and trading of copies of officially released material is not allowed.
Copying and trading of unofficial material is encouraged. By making rare material available free of charge to all those who seek it, there will be no market for bootleg CDs. Beat the bootleggers!

Selling CDRs and 2 for 1 Blanks and Postage (B&P)'s are NOT allowed. There are plenty of generous fans out there who are willing to share the music with you for blanks and postage.
Last edited by DrSpooky on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

B&Ps?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Branst

Post by Branst »

Blanks and postage.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

That's what I was thinking with the following sentence, but what does it mean, exactly? Why can't you send 2 blanks + postage for 1 CD in return as equally as send just 1, as condoned in the following sentence? Am I missing something?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

2CD's for 1 means that the trader makes a profit.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I didn't write most of the text in the rules about CDs. I got that from an Elvis trading group on Yahoo. And they even mention getting them from some other group. So if there is some wording that can be improved, it is open for change. My understanding was that all that was allowed was to provide enough blank media to cover the recording in question. No CD profiting here. :)

They also have guidelines on bit rates, formats, etc. which might be of interest. I can bring them over if someone is interested.
Man out of Il.

Chicago show April 17, 2005

Post by Man out of Il. »

After reading the "rules" . I can only offer 1 blank cd, postage, and a very full elvis heart, but if anyone has a recording of sundays show, I would be forever grateful, someone stepped on my friends MDR and broke it during the last song, and it erased everything!!
He was in a GREAT mood, and it was a GREAT show!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Re: From The Management

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Guys, with my medical trouble over the past few months and two recent surgeries and hospital stays, we have not had the time to review some of the content on this section of the board. We are a more noticeable site now and we are being watched around the world.

Please follow the rules and keep us out of trouble. We still put a lot of our own money into this site and cannot possibly afford legal fees for trouble we don't personally cause. If you're going to do any illegal music, please don't do it publically on this site.

Just to note, this was a DCMA takedown notice and we do NOT condone any distribution of copyrighted material. So please do not post links.