help!

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
Top balcony

help!

Post by Top balcony »

Once upon a time I had an old XP pc with FlacFrontend to convert my DIme acquired FLAC files into Wav files, and Nero Smartstart for cd burning.

Now with my new 8.1 pc the FlacFronted doesn't work and neither does the Nero :( :( :( .

So all suggestions gratefully accepted for some malware - free FLAC-Wav converting programme and a Nero substitute ( cyberlink power 2 go which comes pre-loaded is slower than everton's back four). Ideally I'd prefer shareware but would pay a bit for peace of mind viruswise.

Oh and you shouldn't assume any level of technological ability at this end.

thanks

Colin
sulky lad

Re: help!

Post by sulky lad »

Hi Colin I'm no whizz but I can send you my copy of Nero 8 ) I think ) so you can load that and use the password. Don't know about the other aspect but you're more than welcome to used copy of Nero to load on your PC. Hope all is well , cheers, David
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

Top balcony wrote:Now with my new 8.1 pc the FlacFronted doesn't work and neither does the Nero :( :( :( .
You can replace the long-outdated FlacFronted with Robert Hoffmann's excellent Trader's Little Helper (Freeware)

http://tlh.easytree.org/
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Sulky

Thanks for this kind offer, but unfortunately Nero 8 won't run on Windows 8.1. Microbastard's new operating system isn't compatible, instead 8.1 punters need to buy Nero 2014 for about 45 quid!

Amazon have alternatives that are so cheap they probably fell off the back of a lorry, but I'll probably give one of them a go in the end if I can't find a programme with a friend's recommendation.

Azmuda

Thanks very much- I'll give TLH a try, although that link only shows compatible up to Windows 7.

All the best

Colin TB