Delivery Men

Post pictures of yourself, your family, or just things you found interesting.
johnfoyle

Delivery Men

Post by johnfoyle »

The images that inspired Elvis...maybe.

ImageImage

wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

This seems like a laughingcrow post.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Yeah, john, except I don't think delivering furniture is what the song is talking about. 8)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

You mean something like this -

or this

laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Nice one John! :lol:

WHAR...I hope that you mean that in awe of my 'artistic' google-posting way back when I was a google addict (I took counselling, Im better now...twitch, twich)!
You're not being facetious? :D
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Oh yeah, john, that's exactly what I meant. 8)
A rope leash

Hardworkin'

Post by A rope leash »

Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Rope i've seen that picture before as an advert against animal abuse in the third world. It's really disturbing. :cry:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
A rope leash

Donkey Doo

Post by A rope leash »

As a person that's been kicked in the head by a horse, bitten by a squirrel, and had my car totaled by a deer, I'm not sure who's abusing who...

...ahh, who am I kidding? I'm a little disturbed myself. But, I find it interesting that folks in the first world are worried about the plight of animals in the third world, when the suffering of humanity in the third world should be the priority.

It doesn't matter. Someday mankind will pay for what they've done to those innocent animals!

Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Rope I understand and fully agree with you about being concerned for the people that are suffering. But that doesnt mean that the animals don't deserve the same concern too. You would think those people who are suffering might have a little more understanding awareness and compassion for thier animals - but sadly it doesnt seem to work that way.

Somehow man seems to think all that matters is himself, and that he has the right not only to dismiss treatment like this, but also to wipe out thousands of animal species globally. It's a cruel and heartless world. I really do hope we never discover alien life - we would only destroy it. :(

Love your cat pictures - does he have a licence for that gun?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
A rope leash

A dog's life...

Post by A rope leash »

I tend to agree that it is awful how mankind is destroying the planet and all life upon it.

As for the question of these poor souls in poverty and how they treat their animals, I would say that they are not intentionally cruel to them, they are just in a situation where they are forced to push their beasts of burden to the limit of their ability. In the case depicted in the photograph, this terrible "way of the world" has led to a comical result, at least in my view. I'm fairly certain that the animal was not injured, nor was it punished for not being heavy enough to balance the load.

Here in the USA, we grow animals by the millions, and slaughter them for food. It's a way of life. It is also a natural condition of sorts, as all of nature, despite it's wonder and beauty, is underlined with the viscious and ugly cycle of death and (we hope) replenishment. It's a great irony, I think...

As for the kitty's gun, of course it's not registered. What person in his right mind would sell a gun to a voracious animal like that?!