baseball!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

baseball!

Post by BlueChair »

Cubs vs. Marlins - Game 7, coming up now!

Red Sox vs. Yankees - Game 7, coming up tomorrow night!

This is an exciting playoffs, though the Cubs should have won it last night.

Congrats to all the Boston fans in the house on tonight's victory. Good luck tomorrow night!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thanks, BC! Dang that was a good one... WOOOO-HOOOO!

So will the Sox break my heart tomorrow, I wonder... God how I'd love to see 'em in the Series again. I moved to Boston in June of '86, and followed them closely all season (lived two blocks from Fenway and lived with a rabid lifelong fan) and watched all the way to the bitter, bloody, Bill Buckner end...

I only wish I could watch the NLCS game right now, but the wee one's got to be put to bed!! (Where's the hubby at important moments, grumble, grumble...)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Well, the Cubs just lost :(

So now I am definitely rooting for the Red Sox
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

In the end, did we expect anything else?...

The Cubs choked, as per the plan. As per the curse. Most of all, as per the talent.

I feel the most sorry for Steve Bartman. The Cubs may rise again. This poor guy will NEVER live this down. For doing only what every fan in the stands would do.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

25 minutes to go and I got the butterflies bad (though It could be the undercooked pork I had for dinner - dangerous living).

Game 7

Yankees vs Red Sox

Roger vs Pedro

GO SOX !
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

This says it all...
http://www.theonion.com/onion3904/yankees.html

It's a close one... we'll see who ends up on top. Good luck, BWAP!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Well BLAH!

Neither of the teams I wanted in the World Series made it to the World Series :cry:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

No shit... two heartbreaks there. Series? WHat series? Who cares?

Is Shakespeare were writing today he'd do a play about the Red Sox...

That Onion piece is perfect-- did you see the Yankees animated cartoon on Saturday Night Live last weekend? Now THAT was funny.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I had to wake up my almost 12 year-old son this morning to tell him that the Sox lost. He just had this contorted look on his face like, "No!" Their school principal is a huge Yankees fan, so they have to hear that from her already.

Poor little guy. His birthday is the 24th of this month. With the series where it is now, the only bright spot he has is that he's going to be Homer Simpson for Halloween. Bought one of those huge vinyl heads from Spencer's yesterday. He's so excited. He's walking around going, "Mmm, burgers."

Oh well. Back to the sorry state of baseball. :?
Pov

Post by Pov »

Spooky, one of the "sorriest" things about the state of baseball is that, in order please the networks, the playoffs games start so late that a 12 year old can't stay up to watch them. Worse, they add another minute in between each inning so that the networks can show more ads, prolonging the game even more. Heck, even I had trouble staying up to watch the end of that game, plus I had to get up at 6 this morning. I'm paying for it now. :(
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Bah! The Cubbies and Red Sox both blew it! Don't really care who wins now.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Well, it is depressing to my Rob that he can't stay up that late. And he wasn't a huge Sox fan, but I don't think the series teams now are two that he cares much about. So to a 12 year-old, the series seems boring this year.

And I've already had to talk to him since he is pretty mature and a big sports fan of any and all sports, that much of it is about politics and money. It's worse than telling them about the facts of life to have to say that to them!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I've always likened telling a young kid that sports is about money and politics as being similar to telling a young kid that Santa Claus doesn't really exist.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Yeah, being a parent is tough sometimes. Well, most of the time. Okay, all the time. :)
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I was going to jump of a bridge, but the lines were too long.