How do you handle hidden tracks?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ice nine

How do you handle hidden tracks?

Post by ice nine »

A few days ago, I downloaded Black Prairie's A Tear in the Eye is a Wound in the Heart. It is very good; half instrumental tracks with banjo and accordian. The last track is a nineteen minute long hidden track. The first five minute is a full song with vocals, followed by ten minutes of silence, followed by four minutes of a single person snoring into a microphone and then being joined by others. What should I do as far as putting it onto my iPod? What other CDs do I have that have hidden tracks? I don't remember.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
SCIENCEFICTIONTWIN

Re: How do you handle hidden tracks?

Post by SCIENCEFICTIONTWIN »

One listen to that track wasn't enough?! From your description, that track should have stayed well hidden. I'm guessing the best part is the ten minutes of silence...most merciful of them.
migdd

Post by migdd »

There are exceptions but most hidden tracks should remain that way.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

"Train in Vain" was a hidden track on London Calling. That's about the only one I can remember that was really worth it.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I'm terrible at most of this stuff, but I think I know how to do this.

In iTunes click right click on the track and then click get info. Then click the options tab. Once in there you can decide at what point you would like the track to start and when you would like it to end.

There is a really nice hidden track on your Kristy and Jimmy McNichol cd -

Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.