One of my favorite people

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jack of All Parades

One of my favorite people

Post by Jack of All Parades »

It is not often one gets to celebrate a specific person. This recent piece from the New York Times celebrates one of the reasons The Strand is my favorite bookstore. Ben has been there ever since I started going there in the late 70's. He is sunshine and gentility and a constant and a gentle guide amongst the stacks; I think of him and I immediately smile-I hope he never leaves:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/20/nyreg ... .html?_r=1&
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
verbal gymnastics

Re: One of my favorite people

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I initially thought this would be about me but perhaps you're saving it for my 50th birthday!

Lovely story and it's great that people like Ben are around to make the world a better place.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Jack of All Parades

Re: One of my favorite people

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Next year -my friend. Ben is a special person. Though not the sole reason I go back and back and back to The Strand, pretty close. Well that and over 8 miles of books. One of my favorite places in NYC. The love of the place is passing onto my middle daughter. Hopefully she will learn to make Ben's acquaintance.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'