Recently viewed films

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ice nine

Re: Recently viewed films

Post by ice nine »

Saw a nice little film from the UK called Their Finest starring Gemma Atherton and Bill Nighy. It was a bit slow at times, but all in all it worked. Bill Nighy's character was pithy.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

"Loving Vincent" is a film totally done with oil paintings. The look of the film is spectacular. It's as if Van Gogh painted the whole film: the colors were vibrant. The acting, directing, and story of the film were good. The story takes place a year after Vincent's death and a friend of his father is trying to find Theo, Vincent's brother, to deliver a letter Vincent wrote him. A few characters do some detective work in trying to conclude if it was suicide or not. Flashbacks are done in black and white oil paintings.

http://lovingvincent.com/
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Instead of watching the Super Bowl I went to the movies. I was excited to see 'Stan and Ollie', but when I got to the theatre I thought it was playing at 'An Acceptable Loss' was playing. The movie sounded intriguing so I decided to say. With a title like "An Acceptable Loss' I knew to had to a political thriller, but that was all I knew. It moved slow for the first hour, because it was a story told with flashbacks. When the story finally came together it was a very good story. I do recommend this film.
- M. Twain