Neil Young and Crazy Horse 'Americana'

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Neil Young and Crazy Horse 'Americana'

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Only saw this today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... -americana

Love the sound of these guys, always have, but I wouldn't be bothered to spend time on this one, not least because it ends with 'God Save The Queen' (not the Pistols' song),, for crying out loud. Er, Americana?

Never had Neil down as a rampant royalist. Bloody awful rendition too.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
the_roofdog

Re: Neil Young and Crazy Horse 'Americana'

Post by the_roofdog »

Ooff :oops: Maybe he's trying to turn it into a protest song by making it sound so bad, like Hendrix's 'Star Spangled Banner'.

Yes, that's what I'm going to tell myself.
Jack of All Parades

Re: Neil Young and Crazy Horse 'Americana'

Post by Jack of All Parades »

My local radio station-WDST- has been flogging this one assiduously. The first, and I hope only single, "OH Susannah" has been played numerous times and has been assaulting my wife's and mine ears. A most questionable choice for a record release as it borders dangerously close to the noise barrage that was "Weld" . Would have wanted to be a fly on the wall when the AR meeting was held to discuss this project. Needless to say I have not reserved a place amongst my cds for this album. A vanity project if ever there was one. At least Hendrix's recreation of the "Star Spangled Banner" had a life and creativity of its own, as he responded to the political and social changes erupting around him.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'