Pete Fornatale RIP

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jack of All Parades

Pete Fornatale RIP

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Saddened by the news earlier today while driving home[ironically on my car radio] of the passing of one of my favorite NY deejays at the age of 66. Pete weened me to FM radio going back to 1968 and his days on WNEW. I followed him over the years and was always pleasantly entertained and educated when I listened to his radio program, most recently as the host of Mixed Bag on WFUV. I just renewed my membership during their current drive in his memory. I will miss his calm and steady manner on the air and his love of all music.

Pleasant memory just now as WFUV just played his very first commercial that he recorded for WNEW back in 1969- a promotion for Woodstock and a lovely three days in White Lake, NY at just $17.00 for the full three days or $7.00 for just one day. Still begrudge my parents for not letting me take off for that weekend.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
wardo68

Re: Pete Fornatale RIP

Post by wardo68 »

In a time of my life where others would have spent in front of the TV, I spent all my free time within earshot of 102.7. Pete Fornatale's Mixed Bag, Dennis Elsas, Dave Herman, Richard Neer, Dan-O Neer, Marty Martinez, and of course Scottso, who played Beatle music at the start of every show from 1981 on. And those are just the names of the people I remember, who spent more time playing music than talking.