I Like a Boy

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
SoLikeCandy

I Like a Boy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

This is way off topic, but there are several of you whose opinions I highly value. Perhaps you can help me:

Last semester, there was a gorgeous guy in my class--he's funny and seems to be intelligent, so those are huge pluses. I didn't ask him out because I was in a relationship, but I still had my eye on him.

He's in a class with me this semester as well (what are the odds? There are 30,000 on this campus!), and I'm no longer in a relationship.

I've been in long-term relationships since I was 19, and I've forgotten how to ask a man for a date. I don't want to be a dork and ask him for dinner or anything...how do I ask him out? God, I feel like a 16 year old:

"Do you like me? Circle yes or no."

Yeah. Maybe I'll do that.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Find out what cool band is going to play on campus, and ask if he's going to go to the show.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Or just get to talking to him.. ask him if he wants to grab a cup of coffee after class...
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

"Nice shoes, want to fuck?"
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Dear Candy

I was just talking to my girlfriend this morning about how men and women relate to each other. I pretty much told her that I (and maybe most men) are a little oblivious to the fact that a woman is interested in them, unless they are blunt! I always just assume that they just like me as a person and are seeking friendship if they show interest. Then she told me that women send "signals"....what are signals??? It could be just a smile, getting his attention with a look and then striking up a conversation with him, and then asking him if he wants to have a cup of coffee after class. A good approach is...."hey, what are you doing after class?" or "what are you doing Friday night"...then see how he reacts. Maybe he'll scoop up the ball and ask you out! Or if he's shy and says, "I have no plans"...then ask him to grab a java java.

Another thing we talked about is the danger of meeting someone one cannot resist. So I have a question for you....You were in a relationship, but yet you saw this guy as someone you "wanted" even though you had a thing going. Was it just that he was irresistable? Or were there probs in your relationship that opened the possiblity up.

My opinion is that as long as everything in a relationship is going well and that both people are turned on and feel love, that no one can come between them. I feel this because I experience that I find no other women attractive now that I'm so much in love....(this by the way is something new for me! Believe me, I've been a girl watcher for years).

Does the concept of total and blinding love exsist??????????????
miss buenos aires

Look him up on Friendster, then write him a message and act like it was a total coincidence that you happened upon his profile.
Misha

Post by Misha »

I'm with Blue Chair on this....ask him for a cup of Joe, talk, maybe you will find that he's a dolt and not what you thought he was....maybe he's gay now.....maybe he has joined a cult....catch up....throw out some crumbs and see if he follows the trail....

El Vez does have a much more direct route, though....
:oops:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I e-mailed him last night about a making a study date for our midterm exam. He hasn't responded yet...damn it...

So, I've attempted contact, and made it seem like I just want to get with him to study.

I wonder if discussing Shakespeare's Henry IV could be done more easily naked...?
miss buenos aires

SoLikeCandy wrote:I wonder if discussing Shakespeare's Henry IV could be done more easily naked...?
"Hey, you wanna see my Falstaff?"
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I love it, Miss BA! Maybe I'll get to play with his Hotspur...
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Yeah Candy go for it! Blokes always like a girl to make the moves (cos were more insecure than ladies are lead to believe).
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Candy - keep us posted! I think this could be good. Go for it. :wink:
grliegrl21

Post by grliegrl21 »

On a similar note, how long do guys wait now to call? Everyone says something different. 3 - 4 days? I think that's too long, especially when I really want him to call. He is so supercute. I hate 'the rules'.
Crescent Fresh.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Rules are for fools.
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

grab his piece!
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I always call right away! Open and honest.

Guys that wait and use the Frank T.J. Mackey "seduce and destroy" approach are dicks....

AND MISS BA....by the way thanks for not responding to my invitation to be my friend on Friendster....! :lol: :lol:
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I'll be your friend, Cope...just don't tell anyone...hee hee hee
miss buenos aires

Cope, which email did you send it to? I never ever check the one I posted here, and my account is under a different one. I'll be your Friendster, calm down.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Candy...thanks for the offer of friendship! Of course I won't tell a soul! It's all undercover baby... 8)

and MISS BA...I am calm....just suprised I never heard from you. :roll:
miss buenos aires

Oh man, I am so going to break 600,000 people inmy personal network by the end of the day!

I need other outlets for my energies. Maybe I should just make up a list of ways for SLC to hit on this boy.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

do that, Miss BA. and post them here.

they might come in handy for more than SLC. "hope springs eternal."
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Anybody wanna be my friend on Friendster???

And good luck SLC!!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I haven't gotten the hang of the whole Friendster thing. I mean, I have a profile but I don't know how to find people.

Geez this is hard...

By the way, no reply for Hot Frattish Blonde. Maybe he doesn't check that e-mail (which is entirely possible) or he read it and laughed.

Sigh.
grliegrl21

Post by grliegrl21 »

The boy called me by the way. He waited two days but it was worth it. We are going out this weekend. Yeah!

Sorry SLC, I hope you hear from your boy soon!
Crescent Fresh.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Friendster blows....! Maybe it's fun if you wanna get down, but I find it incredibly boring! At least MISS BA is my friend.