Bossa Nova Happy 50th!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jack of All Parades

Bossa Nova Happy 50th!

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Roughly 50 years ago this genre arrived and what seemed a gently rhythmic melody with its lilting piano and guitar and later the added whoosh of a tenor sax has continued to hold sway in my household-whenever cleaning is going on I can know because Astrud Gilberto will be drifting through the air along with the dust as the cloth is rubbing a piece of furniture or the mop is sweeping across the floor-it has been a teaching tool for my daughters at the piano and a way for them to bond with their grandfather as he did some conducting and arranging for Ms. Gilberto-for me it is the most stress relieving of music-when I am bugging out I can pop on Jobim and feel the blood pressure measurably drop as the melody takes over-that it still sells is evident-I have only to play Bebel Gilberto or Mrs. EC's latest effort-"Quiet Nights" as proof of this-when I am in a romantic mood with the Mrs, I only need to conjure "So Nice" or "Corcovado"[which is my all time favorite as a samba song or any song for that manner]-this is music along with Bach's "Two and Three Part Inventions" which makes me glad to be alive.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Mr. Average

Re: Bossa Nova Happy 50th!

Post by Mr. Average »

You're kidding, right? Tell me you are joking.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)