weeeee! I'm going to see ELVIS!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Copenhagen Fan

weeeee! I'm going to see ELVIS!

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Hey Boys and Girls...I just got tickets to Elvis' concert in Berkeley CA. I'll be attending the show with my 3 best buddies from high school and my lovely girlfriend. Anybody else showing up at the Greek? By the way, I'll be the creepy bald guy dressed in black leather.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Sorry, but that's my youngest kid's birthday - hel'll be the big number 9.
:)

Although he already seems like a free spirit. Somehow thinking of an evening at Berkeley on his birthday seems appropriate. :lol:
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Dear Spooky

Ya..Berkeley is a wild place.....I'll never forgive my father for persuading me to select UCLA instead of Berkeley. He thought that Berkeley might be perceived as an anti-establishment type of gig when I joined the work force. It just so happened that I became more creepy and twisted within the ranks of the frat scene, which has tormented me. I was not born a sadist, only shaped like a pile of putty within the confines of the Man's system and machinery... :lol: :lol:

I am now free in the land of social welfare ..........
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Sounds as though you're happy there, too. :lol:

The gig at Berkeley should be great, though. Enjoy. :)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Hey Cope, were you saying you thought Berkeley was without the Imposters? They're playing.
A rope leash

Berzerkley

Post by A rope leash »

Lots of fun to you, CopeFan. I've seen him there twice...he likes Berkeley.

I admire UC Berkeley grads. What other town has serious political debates right on the street corner? Sure, the participants are homeless, but it's so encouraging!
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

BAMBOOZY...WOW....I am really happy now...Never seen him with the Attractions...! And YES mr. Rope...Berkeley is a cool joint....wacky and fun....my girlfriend and I can maybe blend in and not be attacked for looking weird....
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Hey Cope,

I saw EC and the Rude Five at the Greek on the MLAR tour back in 91 or whatever. Great venue, great sound, great show. Met a wonderful couple, Kevin and Judy, who I corresponded with for a bit LONG before we had this awesome forum. Have a blast.

PS: You definitely will NOT be perceived as weird in this part of California!
A rope leash

Small world?

Post by A rope leash »

Pophead: I was at one of those MLAR shows at the Greek. It was called the "Come Back in a Million Years Tour".

I was with the Devil's Redhead. No doubt you saw us...
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Hey Rope, did you go first or second night? I was at the second night- he did a great version of Sweet Pear with a killer solo from the man himself and a really rocking version of Watch your Step. I actually have a set list from that show that some lovely roadie handed me.
A rope leash

The bugs were taking over...

Post by A rope leash »

It was like, twelve years ago. I barely remember the redhead.

There was a harsh white light eminating from the stage. I was extremely self-conscious.