The 100 most beautiful places in the world

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

The 100 most beautiful places in the world

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

http://terre.sans.frontiere.free.fr/pag ... op_100.htm

Another great list! Fun site with lots of lovely pics. (Must be translated from the French with all these unnecessary definite pronouns and inappropriate translations 'The Versailles castle'

How many have you been to? I'm lucky enough to have been to 18, with several more I've been close to but not to properly, e.g. the Louvre!

I just hope this is more than the oh so competitive MBA!!!

What are the most outrageous omissions? Old Trafford strikes me as a particularly bad one.

Top of my list of places I have to visit is also top of theirs, Machu Picchu, though it will probably be closed before too long due to excessive visiting.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
miss buenos aires

Re: The 100 most beautiful places in the world

Post by miss buenos aires »

In the spirit of competition, I had to count them up. Twelve. Not great, although I would like to point out that you can see my hometown Jersey City from the Statue of Liberty. In fact, quiet as it's kept, the Statue of Liberty is actually in Jersey City. I think that should count for extra points.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I've done 13. I've been through Florence but did not stay there, so I'm not counting it. The Kennedy Space Center beautiful? I dunno about that. My wife's from Melbourne and I've been down there a number of times. Her brother, who works at the Cape, gave us a private tour. It was very interesting, but beautiful is not a word I'd use. We did see a launch once, and that has to rank in my top five spectacular experiences of all time.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

The great canyon of Colorado?

Used to live in (yes, in) #82. That infers at least 45. Also, I had some clothes with the Mont St. Michel label - that's gotta count for another 10 or so. I think I could spend the rest of my life a lot further down south.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I count 21. Ironically not the Grand Canyon - though I lived in Arizona for 3 years and have been to Vegas at least a half dozen times. One of these days.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Otis Westinghouse

mood swung wrote:Used to live in (yes, in) #82. That infers at least 45.
What, you lived in a giant sequoia? Incredible.

BWAP: your Arizona confession is horrendous! I grew up near Mont St Michel, but have never been, only past - then again, it was in France and I wasn't. I coulda gone to Teotihuacan or whatever it is last Oct - some people said 'you must go!', but then we only had one free day, so it would have meant missing Mex City, so... there'll be a next time.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

yep, it was rather incredible.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
mood swung wrote:Used to live in (yes, in) #82. That infers at least 45.
What, you lived in a giant sequoia? Incredible.

BWAP: your Arizona confession is horrendous! I grew up near Mont St Michel, but have never been, only past - then again, it was in France and I wasn't. I coulda gone to Teotihuacan or whatever it is last Oct - some people said 'you must go!', but then we only had one free day, so it would have meant missing Mex City, so... there'll be a next time.
Eight Hour drive from where I lived and I didn't have a car. I have been to Teotihuacan and the Avenue of the Dead and it was spectacular - highlight of my week in Mexico City (at least right up there with the venerable Cafe Tacuba - which would make the top ten meals of a lifetime list).
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Otis Westinghouse

Bollocks, Why didn't you tell me about it before I went?!? Where and what is it?

Mood: How come? For how long? Colour me impressed.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Actually, I'll color you gullible. Didn't actually live IN a tree, but did live within that national park. Fortunate for me that someone did actually live IN a sequoia, and that tree is also inside said park. (and that I could recall that fact after all these years!)
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Sadly, only six. All in the U.S. and France. Someone get me a plane ticket somewhere.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

14 so far... but plan to do the Chinese sights this year... particularly the lakes in Sichuan province.
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Sadly, only 5 to date. One could easily add to that list 100s of more places and then I would feel sadder as time is pushing hard at my heels. Well at least I have seen the things in my backyard- would love to consider my beautiful Hudson Valley worthy of this list if only it were expanded. Do Stonehenge and Bath count?
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'