Thankful

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
pophead2k

Thankful

Post by pophead2k »

Here in the States it is Thanksgiving time. It is actually one of my favorite 'holidays' because it pretty much entirely centered around three of my favorite things: friends, family and food. It lacks the blatant commercialization of Christmas and Valentine's Day and this year I have 5 straight days off of work.

I'm thankful for friends, both 'real' and 'cyber', and I value many of the relationships I've made with many of you over the years. I am also thankful for the endless array of art, music, and literature there is to explore, and the fact that after 41 years, I've only touched the tip of the iceberg for each. I'm thankful that while my country faces some very difficult times ahead, that we have chosen to elect a leader who is energizing the citizens and looking forward instead of back. I'm thankful for my health and for the health of my loved ones. I'm thankful for my career and my students who keep me young.

What are you thankful for?
StrictTime

Re: Thankful

Post by StrictTime »

I'm thankful for a lot of things, really. I'm thankful for my parents sending me to college. I'm thankful for my boyfriend, who never loses it with me and sticks by me in all situations. I'm thankful for my art history class for showing me how much I actually like art (especially the Venetian Renaissance :P ). I'm thankful for my little brothers, who are growing up into fine young men. I'm thankful for my music and my friends, both in real life and on the internet. I'm thankful for my blog; sounds funny but I find it really fun to write, and it's about one of my favorite subjects. It keeps me occupied. I'm thankful for a lot of things this year. I'm feeling a bit sappy.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
verbal gymnastics

Re: Thankful

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving but I have a lot to be thankful for.

Cheers all.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?