Just letting you guys know I'm not dead...

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
StrictTime

Just letting you guys know I'm not dead...

Post by StrictTime »

If anyone cares, after a summer of alternately tearing my hair out and researching relaxation techniques, I am firmly ensconced in my dorm. I'm sorry I haven't been around; a love of names and a life full of stress have prevented me from being around much. Just letting you guys know that I'm a-ok and I haven't forgotten all you wonderful people in this little nook of the internet. I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things, but I don't know how hard my classes are going to be, and my connection here is rather unreliable. Ah, college life. So yeah, I hope this finds everyone and their families well, and I hope to be around a little more in the future. Good to be back, for now at least.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
mood swung

Re: Just letting you guys know I'm not dead...

Post by mood swung »

Good to hear from you, ST. My oldest son is fixing to granulate into a mechanical engineer this fall (please god), and my oldest daughter started at a local community college a couple of weeks ago. College has changed a lot since I went! Good luck to you. Keep us posted!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

hehe

fixin' to...

My wife uses that one. Do you pronounce spigot as "spicket" as well?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

That would depend on who I'm talking to. You have to make adjustments for those who don't speak the language. :lol:

Actually, I usually call them 'faucets.'
Like me, the "g" is silent.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Yea for you, ST! What an exciting time. I knew where you were all along, just hoping you were doing well. Don't forget about us!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Nice to hear from you ST.

Tell me, are all the boys straight laced, the girls frigid and the talk two faced?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

Thanks everyone. It's really exciting to be here; living "on my own" is really wonderful. And Verbal, I can tell you most definitely that the boys are not completely straight-laced, and the talk certainly is two-faced. As for the frigidity of girls you speak of, I really do not want to find that out through experience...I'm going to assume no. :lol:
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
migdd

Post by migdd »

Sorry for the late post, Stricktime, but I've been away for awhile. We've missed you around here. Sounds like you are enjoying a great time which will no doubt be full of numerous adventures (beware the danger that lurks!! :wink: ).

Don't be a stranger. You add so much to our little community!!!
blooch

Post by blooch »

Welcome back ST. Try not to get too stressed out. Get yourself a couple of meditation cds they work for me. Just some relaxing music works wonders on the mind. Failing that try somr Thrash Metal to knock out all that stress from your body. Although ive never tried that approach my stepson swears by it, literally.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

StrictTime wrote:And Verbal, I can tell you most definitely that the boys are not completely straight-laced, and the talk certainly is two-faced. As for the frigidity of girls you speak of, I really do not want to find that out through experience...I'm going to assume no. :lol:
Well let me know if you do find out :lol: They're probably smoking those everlasting cigarettes of chastity...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
blooch

Post by blooch »

Ever lasting cigarettes? now theres a reason to NOT give up smoking.