Tim Russert RIP

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Tim Russert RIP

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Dead at 58 from a heart attack. My brother Kevin is friends with his son Luke and always spoke highly of him. What a shocker for his family.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
strangerinthehouse

Re: Tim Russert RIP

Post by strangerinthehouse »

This is really sad.

He was only 58 and such a big presence in political news. I can't imagine watching coverage without his insight, he always seemed to be the most excited about surprises in the election process.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

strangerinthehouse wrote:This is really sad.

He was only 58 and such a big presence in political news. I can't imagine watching coverage without his insight, he always seemed to be the most excited about surprises in the election process.
His reaction to Obama clinching the nomination was priceless. He was so excited - one of the few of the mainstream media types who really grasped the enormity of it. I also remember him going crazy doing electoral projections with the markers and whiteboard during the 2000 election.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Definitely one of the last of a dying breed. Very, very sad news.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
migdd

Post by migdd »

RIP
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

As a student of journalism, this hit me very hard. He had been so into the campaign so far and I heard that he had even worked to the point of exhaustion lately. The remaining media coverage of the election will be somewhat less now without his involvement. And only 58. Sigh.

RIP
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

The epitome of objectivity in newscasting. A Democrat, he defined "fair and balanced" while others use it as a slogan.

I can't recall a better prepared interviewer. Puts others to shame. And while he was equally feared and admired in DC, he was, evidently, universally liked.

A real person in a business that rewards poseurs and charlatans.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)