Noise Radio's EC tribute band

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Lee

Noise Radio's EC tribute band

Post by Lee »

FINALLY!!

I tried posting this several times to the old board..... no luck.

I wanted to tell everybody that last month I took several other EC fans to see Oliver's Army and they kicked the almighty god ass (to steal a phrase or two). The drive from Tyler to Dallas isn't as bad when one is going to a night club instead of the dentist or something!

Two sets of amazingly tough compositions and intense lyrics....each member is an accomplished musician in his own right, and they had fun while keeping the songs true to form. There was no musical masturbation (our term for covers done in a less than honest fashion and anything by a "Jam Band"). And they played a fab encore. I've heard several bands attempt "Mystery Dance" and only Oliver's Army left me glad to have heard it.

SO, if you are within in a reasonable distance, take yourself and a friend (or 3) to see Oliver's Army some hot Dallas night... drink margaritas and rum and dance like a child and chat up the band, they are clever and friendly fellows.

Can't wait to see yall again, Noise...give the boys my best!

Your Tyler Connection, Lee
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

:oops:

Why thank you, ma'am. You were a great audience.

Next time you come, hopefully we'll be playing all three sets, and you can really see the whole show. Thanks again.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

I still think we need to pitch in and bring Noise and the boys somewhere centralish and meet up!!! Damn, I'm almost tempted to make a trip to Texas...almost :D
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

NOISE: Sounds like you are pretty awesome and will never be short of gigs! Any chance of you playing in England?:D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

You pay it, we'll play it.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

You've played the Cavern in the U.S, I can get you a gig at THE Cavern over here.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I'd love to. Again, pay our way and we will be there.
--William Shakespeare
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

costellopunk starts wondering how many people he knows who would be willing to pay noise to play a show in corpus....
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

That's quite possible. Try to work something out...
--William Shakespeare
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

I can't agree with Lee more. This is the former practickingrichcraft here. I have had the privilege of seeing Olivers Army several times and have always left happy. I have been jonesing to catch them again soon, and am contemplating a trip to Denver to see the King himself. Hope to see you soon Noise.
A local sportsradio here in Dallas had its annual SummerBash last weekend, and the station band, The Tickettimewasters played Radio, Radio, featuring BigDick Hunter on vocals. It was a great time singing all the words, while question marks formed over peoples head wondering what the F are they playing.
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Hope to see you soon, as well, legman. And Lee, you should definitely return. Oliver's Army loves playing for friends.

We'll be in Denton at the end of the month at Cool Beans. The 27th, I think. But I'll send out an update a little closer to the actual event.
--William Shakespeare