Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all!

Post by mood swung »

I wuz wrong (a first 8) ) - it's not Mexican Independence Day, but the day Mexico whupped up on some French invaders. Spain, France, what's the diff, really? :lol:

http://images.chron.com/content/news/ph ... nipage.pdf

(I get most of my news from the Mini-Page, btw).

Anyhoo, any holiday that's about good food and better cervezas is ok by me.

Lots of good food here -
http://lifestyle.msn.com/foodandenterta ... ageindex=1
Like me, the "g" is silent.
pophead2k

Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all!

Post by pophead2k »

I'll be grilling a jalapeno pork loin roast and knocking back a couple of margaritas. Anyone else have a menu planned? BTW, my
great grandmother was a native Mexican, so I've got some actual cred in this department!
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

I'll be keeping it simple--tacos and margaritas. My mom made the hot sauce, so I'll be keeping it real, eses. 8)
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mmm. Unfortunately there aren't any good restaurants around here, but I do like me some Mexican food.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I was celebrating too as a) it was the first of our two May Monday bank holidays, b) it was Momofuku day and c) the sun was shining. Had lunch and dinner outside, felt so liberating after the absurd coldness of April. Kids and doggie loving being outside. No Mexican food, but I did rustle about a pretty well perfect (even if I say so myself, well I have done it too many times now for it not to be) classic English roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. Yummy, washed down with liberal splashings of a decent Campo de Borja Spanish red that I got from Majestic in their recent and entiurely fabulous '25% off all Spanish wines' promo.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more