Scum Of the Earth

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Scum Of the Earth

Post by Gillibeanz »

I am very lucky my daughter and her boyfriend are still alive. Last week they went to Thailand on a 2 week holiday. A few days ago they were leaving a beach party when they were attacked, they neither knew the guy nor had even spoken to him. He beat up Claires boyfriend with a hammer, - Claire of course tried to stop him and he beat her hitting her on the head with the hammer opening a wound down to the bone. He then proceeded to beat them both unconscious with it. They were taken to the local hospital - both had concussion severe bruising and needed extensive stitches and Claire has 2 black eyes, and of course there is the psychological damage.

They arrived home yesterday and went straight to hospital for a full check up. The top of Claires head is numb and she still has bad headaches but they say that is normal and the feeling will return in time as there has been extensive nerve damage. She has lost over a stone in weight.

The worst thing is their attacker might get away with it as the police will turn a blind eye for payment. He is well know for attacking people. Fortunately the British Embassy are involved and hopefully will put pressure on the police to do something. I am thankful they are both alive but I want justice - they could have both been killed. He is worse than scum - that word doesnt even come close.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
BlueChair

Re: Scum Of the Earth

Post by BlueChair »

I am so sorry to hear about this, Gill. It is a truly sickening story. Thailand has been a dream trip of Red and I for a while, but I've heard many terrifying stories about the safety of tourists over there recently. Definitely off-putting. My thoughts are with Claire and her boyfriend, and wish them a full and speedy recovery. Thank God they are alive and safe.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
migdd

Post by migdd »

What a horror story! Thoughts and prayers for a complete physical recovery.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Thanks guys. Blue dont let it put you and Red off. I might add that she went to Thailand last year with a girlfriend and they backpacked for a month. I was really worried then but they had a great time which is why she wanted to go back! They were unlucky - it could have happened anywhere. The guy who attacked them lives in Thailand but is actually Swedish! :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Gilli, I am so sorry to hear this. Please send good wishes to Claire and her friend.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Thanks PH - hoping to see her tomorrow.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Poor Claire and boyfriend! Hope she's doing OK. He'd probably read 'The beach' and decided Thailand was the place for him. Hope he gets locked up for a long time, sounds like a serious psychopath.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Oh, Gilli, what a dreadful story! Your daughter is so beautiful and this is so tragic. I am glad that they are both alive and I pray that they are able to put this behind them eventually. Take care of them and be glad they are still with you. As parents, we really never stop worrying about our children.

This guy truly is scum of the earth. I am so sorry your loved ones had any contact with him whatsoever. Do what you can to help them healthy and strong again. All our best to them and to you.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I am terribly sorry to hear this. It is really a horrible thing to have had happen. Were they OK on the flight home? It seems like the change in pressure could have hurt. Has she had a good head scan (MRI/CAT) since returning? Better to be safe than sorry. After all Spooky has been through, I don't have a lot of faith left in any doctor's quick "oh everything's roses, go home" answer without some tests to back that opinion up.

Not to be discouraging but remember the old saying: What do you call the guy who finished last in med school? Doctor.

Just be cautious with her and make sure she looks out for any warning signs of something else going on.

It is hard to believe that the Thai officials would not kick a foreigner who is doing this out on their rear. Most places really don't take too kindly to attacks on tourists.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

That is truly horrific Gilli. I hope your daughter and her boyfriend make a full recovery, but I'm sure the emotional scars will never go away completely.

All the best to your family.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Well holy crap, Gilli. That's just horrifying. I'm very glad to hear that it sounds like long term, your daughter and her beau will be just fine. They're very lucky indeed.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Thank you for your concern and good wishes everyone - it is appreciated. We got her here yesterday and shes staying for a few days. Shes in a pretty bad way - crying a lot, not sleeping - she really is fragile. Her head looks a mess - the whole of her forehead is swollen and huge , its black and blue and a nasty looking gash and scar.Still getting bad headaches and very depressed and shaky. She is a very confident and independent woman but thats all gone at the moment. Doc has told her she cant go back to work for at least another week as she has a manic job (she is a journalist).

A few days before the attack she accidentally stepped on a sea urchin while snorkling and had to go to the local clinic to have the broken off spines dug out of her foot! She was hobbling around for 2 days and the day of the attack was the first day they had been able to go out since that! Talk about a holiday to remember!

Her partner is still hobbling had the last of his stitches out today but now has to go to the dentist as some of his teeth were also chipped in the attack. It just goes on and on.....

Isn't it funny - no matter how old they are when something like that happens you see your little girl back - they look so small and vulnerable! :cry:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Here's hoping they both have a complete and full recovery, and the son of a bitch gets thrown in prison. With a cellmate named Brutal.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

At first I thought this was going to be a Freemasons rant but it's far far worse.

I'm really sorry to hear about this Gilli. Please pass on my good wishes.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Just heard from my daughter that they have officially been notified by the Thai police that they are not Pursuing prosecution of the man that attacked them even though they have a witness. The man who attacked them co-owns with his brother a local bar which after the attack was closed and both of them disappeared. Apparently after he attacked his last victim with a machette he did the same thing but re-opened the bar a month later. Obviously the police have received their pay off. the British Embassy say they can do nothing.

So good doesn't triumph over evil after all. Its a sad sick world and im devastated he has got away with it again not only because they could have both been killed but also because its only a matter of time before he does it again to someone else.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Let's have a whip round and send the heavies out to Thailand. I'm pretty handy with a hammer myself and more or less six foot, so you can count me in.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

I'm short, but I'm fiesty. I'm in with Otis.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

It's a nice thought Otis and Spooky and i'd also be there with my hammer!The only thing i can do is to find out the name of the bar and try to flood the internet telling tourists to boycott it.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Hi guys

Just wanted to post here that the guy who attacked my daughter and her partner owns and runs the System Balaget bar in Haad Rin (on Ko Pha-gnan)in Thaildalnd. I suggest anyone going to the island avoids this place like the plague if they value their health.

Im going to post it on as many sites as I can and also contact the Thailand tourist board to see if I can get anywhere.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

I mean it about jumping in there and getting him myself, Gilli. I'm on a new set of hormone pills and I'm ready to fight!