"Million Dollar Bail"

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
yeproc

"Million Dollar Bail"

Post by yeproc »

Hey, guys! I know we’re all fans of Elvis Costello…but here’s another quirky troubadour you may have not hear of…Do you remember Peter Case when he was with The Plimsouls? Case debuted as a solo artist in 1986…and now, he’s back! His new album is Let Us Now Praise Sleepy John, his most raw, direct work in nearly a decade.

Want to check it out? Watch Peter Case’s latest music video for “Million Dollar Bailâ€
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I like Peter Case. I like the Plimsouls. And I think there is even a Peter Case thread right here in the Annex.

However, the above post kind of makes me uncomfortable.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
yeproc

Post by yeproc »

seems kinda like an ad, huh? can't escape those damn marketing people!

haha, sorry about that... not trying to make a sale, just trying to get the album heard by some discerning music fans.

hope you check it out! :)
migdd

Post by migdd »

Saw this post over on the John Hiatt message board as well. I like Peter Case and Yeproc is the home of Nick Lowe so I say let it slide.
yeproc

Post by yeproc »

awesome, thanks migdd.

looks like we've got some nick lowe fans on the board, too... we'll have to get y'all hooked up with some of his tunes too.
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

yeproc wrote:seems kinda like an ad, huh? can't escape those damn marketing people!

haha, sorry about that... not trying to make a sale
Hmmm. The first thing an ad man ALWAYS does is try to persuade you he's not an ad man!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Never trust anyone who says "Trust me".
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?