The law is the law. Unless you're Paris Hilton

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

The law is the law. Unless you're Paris Hilton

Post by BlueChair »

Give me a freaking break.

Paris Hilton released from jail
Jun 07, 2007 10:25 AM
Reuters

LOS ANGELES – Hotel heiress Paris Hilton was let out of prison early Thursday morning and will spend the rest of her sentence for violating probation confined to her home, the Los Angeles sheriff said.

She was fitted with an electronic monitoring device on her ankle and sent home, where she will be confined for 40 days, said Steve Whitmore of the L.A. County Sheriff's office.

He said the decision was made for medical reasons.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Medical considerations "played a part" in the decision to offer Hilton home confinement for the remainder of her sentence, Whitmore said.

He said privacy rules prohibited him from giving details about the medical issues, but celebrity Web site TMZ.com earlier quoted sources saying Hilton was refusing to eat much of the jail food served her.
Let her waste away to nothing.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

If you count her IQ or her value as a human being, she's already nothing!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

When did the fact that you don't like the food become grounds for early release from jail?
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Still less upsetting than Scooter Libby's sentence, imo.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

My view is that it rhymes with "clucking bell". :evil:

Does this mean that if all of the inmates decide to refuse the prison food served to them they will be released or can have this included in part as a medical reason?

What else "played a part" in her release?

Still, no doubt we'll soon be treated to exclusive interviews about "Her hell in jail".
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Acid reflux strikes again!
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Paris' Medical Condition -- Mental, Not Physical
Posted Jun 7th 2007 1:04PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Paris Hilton

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Paris Hilton's medical condition was purely psychological and that she was in peril of having a nervous breakdown, and that's why she was released early this morning.

Psychiatrist Charles Sophy visited Hilton in jail yesterday and the day before. We're told after Sophy's visit yesterday, word was passed to the Sheriff that Hilton's mental state was fragile and she was at risk.

The reason for releasing her had nothing to do with a rash or other physical issues. It was purely in her head.

Last month, on the eve of a trial in which Hilton was accused of slandering socialite Zeta Graph, Dr. Sophy told the judge that Hilton was "emotionally distraught and traumatized" over her jail sentence, which prevented her from participating in a meaningful defense. That trial was put on hold until August.

UPDATE: Law enforcement sources have just told TMZ the County Jail medical team made the final decision to spring Paris based on Dr. Sophy's psychological evaluation. And we're told, Sheriff Lee Baca gave the final approval.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I hear Charles Manson's a bit depressed. Let him out I say. :roll:
migdd

Post by migdd »

Sounds as though she got real scared of being in prison. Not such a bad thing for a spoiled rich brat. Should have let her go crazy behind bars and hit rock bottom. Sometimes the lesson learned the hard way has the deepest resonance.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I hope some of our California forum members here are writing some nasty letters to the California justice system.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Should have let her skinny, spoiled rotten ass starve to death.

And I mean that in the best way. :)
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

I fear for the future, when this is news. And if I have to see her skinny, spoilt rotten ass on the T.V. one more time, I'm going to lose control and vomit all over the screen.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Some wise man once said (or sang), "In America, the law is a piece of ass". This is evidently true. $%^#@ Paris Hilton.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Give her ......ba boooooooom...... THE COMFY CHAIR!!!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Call me cynical but this doesn't come as any shock... celebs and the wealthy are treated differently in lots of legal matters. It's disgusting, yes, but as I mentioned, I think there are greater miscarriages of justice happening every damn day. Scooter Libby, whose actions could be construed as treason, for fuck's sake, will be out of very cushy prison in less than two years, mark my words.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Brilliant strategy.

The 'tough judge' who is on record as insisting that there would be no monitoring, no further reduction in term for 'good behavior', etc., was caught by the one weapon that Paris has that he cannot control...her control over the media.

By threatening a hunger strike (or generating the facade that she was so distraught that it was effectively a hunger strike) she controls the media and makes a mockery of the judge, the judicial system, etc. I believe her attorneys knew they had this judge by the short hairs by simply amping up her mental issues and allowing her to claim cruel and inhumane treatment for the DUI charge. You can see it on the nightly news, special reports, etc: "The Wasting of Paris Hilton: Day 4"... dragging the judge, the prosecutor, and everyone involved through a media circus that the LA System can ill afford, especially in light of the poor handling of the recent immigration marches. Her power over the media is so significant that she unleashed the full force on these guys, and they refused to allow this to become a media circus that would turn the spoiled little bitch into a martyr.

So they caved. She won.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Maybe justice will prevail after all? Apparently Paris is supposed to appear before the judge who sent her to prison today and he will decide whether or not she should return to jail.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Don't you think that you're all being a little harsh. I think you should give the girl a chance to move on.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Don't you think that you're all being a little harsh.
To be honest, no! We demand our ounce of flesh. ;-)

It's hardly important in the larger scheme of things, but people are entitled to be annoyed about this celebrity justice double standard that seems to exist.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know me too well WSS.

Poor widdle paree waree. She didn't like nasty dark prison. Made her scared :cry:
corruptio optimi pessima
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

We demand our ounce of flesh
if I have to see her skinny, spoilt rotten ass...
I kinda think she's been there, done that.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Agreed. I don't care about this story because it's Paris Hilton or any celebrity. I care about this story because it exposes a ridiculous double-standard that simply should not and cannot exist in the judicial system.
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

What a circus. You know, there are easily thousands of illegals driving around LA county without a drivers license. I'm sure some have even been caught and warned multiple times, and let go. If I were the sheriff, and the "news" media were camped out on the lawn of my jail with 24/7 worldwide news coverage, and the bitch wasn't eating and would probably sue the department or my staff regardless, I would want her out of my jail too. I don't believe in double standards, but I don't believe in witch hunts either.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

It must be hell driving around Hollywood at night, dodging the drunken celebrity drivers - watch out its Paris, look out its Britney, hey look over there , its Mel freaking out on the sidewalk, oooh look over there its Robert Downy Jr with his pants around his ankles , crashed out on someones front lawn. Whooa look out its Nicole. Hey is that Hugh in the back of that car? What is he doing? ..... Hollywood Babylon mon!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load