Cowboys International

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Cowboys International

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Anyone remember this band? They seem to be pretty obscure, and yet their line-up included Keith Levene and Terry Chimes. I only ever knew one song of theirs, Aftermath, which Annie Nightingale played a bit. 1979. I loved it so much I wrote in and requested it, and sure enough she read out my dedication (which included some rather embarrassing flattery I shudder to remember). I'm sure I have the song on a tape somewhere, taped from the radio, but I haven't heard it since then. It proved quite a challenge to track it down on the internet, but here it is (on a wonderfully named site):

http://www.deathwearswhitesocks.com/200 ... ional.html

It's pretty much of it's time, and I can see how it would appeal to my 15 year old Bowie-worshipping self, but it still sounds fantastic. A couple of the other songs sound OK too. Ken Lockie could right a mean hook. Aftermath is nothing but. Other sites I checked referred to other songs of theirs as being more significant, but I can't see how they could have topped it.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more