The U.S. Versus John Lennon

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
LessThanZero

The U.S. Versus John Lennon

Post by LessThanZero »

Has anyone heard of this? When is it coming out? I'm sure Being There will be all over it....do you think it will play in Kalamazoo?
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Here's the IMDB listing for it. The trailer looks good ......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478049/
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Interesting to see that one of the directors of this, David Leaf, wrote the scintillating link pieces for Mark McEwen when he presented Elvis' Live by Request. All around Merseyside there are ageing peers of Lennon who find it vastly hilarious at how seriously Americans took, and still do obviously, him when he moved to the US in the early 70's. Elvis probably experiences much the same nowadays.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

This is playing at the Toronto International Film Festival in a few weeks. Since it comes out soon after the festival I haven't decided whether or not I'd like to see it then yet.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

BlueChair wrote:This is playing at the Toronto International Film Festival in a few weeks. Since it comes out soon after the festival I haven't decided whether or not I'd like to see it then yet.
Hey if you find the dates would you mind giving me a message blue? I'm horrible at the film festival, even the website confuses me!
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The schedule goes up tomorrow - I'll be sure to post dates and times for you then.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

SCREENING TIMES:

Saturday, September 09 3:30 PM RYERSON
Monday, September 11 8:00 PM VARSITY 2
Monday, September 11 8:00 PM VARSITY 3

Passholders get first dibs, so you can order tickets if any are still available on Wed. Sept 6
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

thank you very much. Will you be attending any?
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Extreme Honey wrote:thank you very much. Will you be attending any?
No can do - on Saturday at 5:30 PM I will be attending the screening of Lake of Fire so I didn't want to cut it too close. On Monday night I will be seeing M. Ward in concert at the Mod Club, so that wouldn't work either.

It's opening at the Cumberland soon after the festival so I'm not too worried about missing it just yet.