RIP Bruno Kirby

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
pophead2k

RIP Bruno Kirby

Post by pophead2k »

The wonderful character actor Bruno Kirby has died at 57. My favorite role of Kirby's was as the Sinatra loving driver in This is Spinal Tap.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I saw that this morning and it is very sad indeed. A very funny and talented man. Like many other people in my life, he died too young.

RIP

I was just thinking last night that it had been almost 3 years since Johnny Cash died. . . . .I couldn't believe it had been that long.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Bruno Kirby in Spinal Tap is genius. I always liked him in a movie, even if I didn't like the movie. That's really sad.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

noiseradio wrote:Bruno Kirby in Spinal Tap is genius. I always liked him in a movie, even if I didn't like the movie. That's really sad.
Did you watch the deleted scenes reel? I think his best moments in that movie didn't even make it into the movie!

RIP for sure... he was hillarious.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I was shocked by this, partly because he was so damn young. City Slickers may be a big ol' popcorn movie but he gave it one genuine moment with his "Best Day, Worst Day" speech and I remember watching that at the Bama Six theater when I was twelve years old and I knew it was something special.

One of the things I admired most about him was how, even though I am sure he got tired of being typecast, he was always so fresh and energetic as an actor which I'm sure wasn't easy after doing a thousand variations on the "randy, avuncular pal" role.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

BlueChair wrote:
noiseradio wrote:Bruno Kirby in Spinal Tap is genius. I always liked him in a movie, even if I didn't like the movie. That's really sad.
Did you watch the deleted scenes reel? I think his best moments in that movie didn't even make it into the movie!

RIP for sure... he was hillarious.
Absolutely agree. That bit of him singing Sinatra in his underwear is classic.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare