What does everyone think about Barack Obama?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
LessThanZero

What does everyone think about Barack Obama?

Post by LessThanZero »

He seems like the answer to me. Give me your knowledge friends!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I'm incredibly impressed with Obama. I don't know if he's the answer, but I like him so far. I could definitely vote for him.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I moved to Chicagoland a little over two years ago, and ended up living in a Congressional district represented by Henry Hyde. I knew it was going to be an uphill battle. Then I saw Barack Obama speak at the 2004 Democratic Convention, and I realized I'd never, ever been stirred by a politician like that (in terms of watching a speech live, that is). He seems to be more of a public servant than a standard politician, and we need that. I hope he stays in the Senate a long time; I think he can do good work there.
bobster

Post by bobster »

I was so impressed by his speech at the DNC a year or two back that I'm almost afraid to say anything about what I think could be in this guy's future, lest I jinx it.

Let's just say that if a Republican wins the Presidency in '08 and I see no major signs of a Mr. Obama becoming just another political sell-out, I'll be the first guy to put in a donation for "Obama in '12!"

I just wish his name didn't happen to rhyme with "Osama." (Of course, the current Prez's name has some untoward associations too, so I guess that's not a deal breaker.)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

A brilliant future in politics and public service if he doesn't allow himself or his 'handlers' to derail him. That is asking alot, but if he can keep control over his own destiny this guy will go far. The 'implosion factor' is huge, especially as more and more pressure comes to bear on him as he gains power and influence. Pressure from certain leaders that will want to leverage his charisma and intelligence to advance agenda's that are self-serving, unbalanced, and misguided.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I agree with everything said so far.

And he's sexy as hell. :oops:
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man