The Old Site is Officially Dead

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
double dutchess

The Old Site is Officially Dead

Post by double dutchess »

A few days ago, out of idle curiosity, I looked up the old site to see when it was set to expire. The date was listed as August 22, 2003. I checked back Friday and it was still up, but a short while ago I went back and it's been taken down.

I realize the old board doesn't matter now, but it all makes me wonder what happened to Narbawlz. :?
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah... poor fella :cry:
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

This is maddening! Does anyone care that Narbawlz disappeared? I mean, I know it's been a while, but sheesh--the guy did a vanishing act TWICE, and no one has tried to find out what happened.

It makes me ever so sad... :(
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I think most of us care, but there's not much we can do...
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Its hard to find somebody when you dont even know their real name . . .
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, I did try to find Narb. I was a relative newcomer to the board, but when he came up missing I did a good deal of detective work and so did my husband. We snooped and dug and found out as much as we could, and all we could come up with was that his email was so full from having not been read that it wouldn't accept any new messages. I even found the other guy who had connections to the old site, emailed him and he emailed me back and said he was trying to solve the problems, but there was nothing he could do and he didn't know anything about Narb's whereabouts. Everywhere we turned we came up empty handed for answers.

But I really did try. :cry:
Last edited by spooky girlfriend on Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Sorry. Just stressed and sad that Narbie disappeared...
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I know, SLC. My hubby and I still wonder where he is, too. I'm just sorry that we weren't able to turn up any useful info.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I had a couple of personal emails back and forth with Narb right after he resurfaced (briefly). He had been sick --really sick--and was feeling better. There were also a few family emergencies, either his family or the other cat's. I never did get that straight. ANyway, he seemed to be well, and was happy to be back. Then poof.

I tried several times to get a hold of him with the very limited information I had. But he never replied, and neither did the other guy. I'm afraid something terrible must have happened, but I want to think he just flaked out and stopped running the site. He really went out on a limb to curb all the Bebe bullshit, not to mention banning the snake in all her many guises. The most paranoid part of me thinks about that every now and then, even though I think it's pretty remote that any of those people could have tracked him down any better than we could. That's probably why my hackles go up so fast when someone posts about Bebe or acts like they're in the inner circle.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
shabbydoll

Post by shabbydoll »

I too hope that Nar hasn't died, but we all have to face it, any of us could just disappear and no one would know what happened to them. Should put a proviso in my will; please check my computer for forums and tell them so long, had to go.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I printed out my email address book (after Narb's first disappearance) so my family could let my friends know if anything super-serious happened to me; I figure everyone on here has at least one other member's email address.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I thought Selfmademug kind of knew Narbawlz - but I think she was running up against some dead ends as well. And we haven't heard froom her in a week or two (vacation I hope). Like some of you, I was corresponding with him right before he vanished - it certainly is frightening.
IStandAccused

Narby was a sweetheart!

Post by IStandAccused »

I exchanged a couple of lovely PM's with Narby. He was such a nice nice man. I know too that he tried very hard to HELP Bebe find out who this Snake and other people were that started all that trouble. She was in contact with him. He told me. I know that Noise and one or two others get upset when her name comes up but I KNOW that she had nothing to do with that crap that happened on the old board. That was some really sick people- REALLY SICK! Narb gave Bebe the IP's, etc... so she could get her attorneys to investigate. As for what happened to him? He was wicked ill. I mean much more ill than he let on. He was a humble man and would never have wanted everyone to worry so much. And I do not want anyone jumping down my throat for this post. Be civilized and remember too that the only person that mentioned Bebe by name was you Noise and Gilli. Not me or anyone else on here. The way I see it, it is the past. I'm sure she wants to move on with her life as much as anyone else would. To abuse someone on here for that is just plain ignorant and stupid. And to censor my words or anyone elses is not your place. I am a fan and I can say what I please.
shabbydoll wrote:I too hope that Nar hasn't died, but we all have to face it, any of us could just disappear and no one would know what happened to them. Should put a proviso in my will; please check my computer for forums and tell them so long, had to go.
*"Common sense is not so common."*Voltaire
For those who speak French, "Le sens common n'est pas si commun."