Want to write a novel next month?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
selfmademug

Want to write a novel next month?

Post by selfmademug »

November is National Novel Writing Month, as celebrated by the effort NaNoWriMo:

http://www.nanowrimo.com

I tried this last year. I didn't really play by the rules and I didn't finish but I wrote a LOT, and it was great. This time I have a new idea and am going to be playing by the rules.

Anyone else doing this?
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

It sounds delightful! I'll mention this to the better half--he already has a children's book published, and writes all the time, but this might be a cool exercise for him to try.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Why don't we write a (silly) story by adding one line at a time and making something up as we go along?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

I signed up for this. Since the emphasis is quantity over quality, we'll see how far I get.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Cool! Well, good luck to Wardo and me then!

I worked my ass off so I could take today off and go to an all-day-ish (11-10) kick-off writeathon nearby.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Congrats guys -- I've done similar things with contests and stuff. It's fun and scary, i.e., scary fun.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well, I'm back. I was there for 7 hours and wrote 3,000 words. Just 47,000 to go! :lol: :roll:

Very fun. 98% of what I wrote today was utter caca. But it's a start.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Sounds good, mug. I started at the stroke of midnight, banged out 2000 words, and got stuck. But it's a start.

Are you in the US somewhere?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

wardo68 wrote:Are you in the US somewhere?
wardo, I advise you to take a look at the "Put Yourself on the Map" thread forthwith. :)
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

wardo68 wrote:Are you in the US somewhere?
In fact, Mr. Displaced From Southwest of Boston, I am in the Southwest of the City of Boston, Jamaica Plain, to be specific. :D

PM me your NaNo ID and I'll add you to my 'writing buddies'. (It's all so retro-AOL innit?)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

selfmademug wrote:In fact, Mr. Displaced From Southwest of Boston, I am in the Southwest of the City of Boston, Jamaica Plain, to be specific. :D

PM me your NaNo ID and I'll add you to my 'writing buddies'. (It's all so retro-AOL innit?)
Are you going to give us all the opportunity to peruse your scribblings once you're done?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Who Shot Sam? wrote: Are you going to give us all the opportunity to peruse your scribblings once you're done?
You're kind to even ask. If there's anything left after I take the pooper-scooper to it in early December, then yes maybe.

In the mean time I have a goal to post one sentence a day on my profile page at NaNoWriMo. ("If only she would stick to one sentence a day here", I can hear some of you say! :D )
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:wardo, I advise you to take a look at the "Put Yourself on the Map" thread forthwith. :)
I have looked, and I have added. That's going to be one amazing map when it gets filled up!

Mug, look for a PM. So far I've put my first line in the profile; I'll decide somewhere around the halfway point (wishful thinking) how much more will see daylight.